Posted: May 4th 2010 12:09PM jpkustra said

• 1 heart
"The melee and supernatural powersets, in particular, have been overhauled to bring them more in line with the strength and flexibility of other types of powers."

To me this means the dumbing down of powers so that everyone will eventually end up being the same stats. Lame!
Bring CO back to how it was the day before launch and I'd probably actually enjoy the game again. Ya know... when you could take on more than two or three henchmen and still survive....

Posted: May 4th 2010 12:13PM (Unverified) said

Suggestion: Why don't you play it again before making sweeping generalizations about it? Might make your posts sound more informed. Cheers!

Posted: May 4th 2010 1:12PM Dblade said

Uh, no, actually read the patch notes. Meelee especially had a lot of issues with energy generation at range, and was overall more of a pain and weaker than the non-meelee powersets in terms of ease of use. Whether or not these fixes helps a bit I'll leave to the theory crafters, but it's not making the powers the same as ranged.

As for making things more powerful I have to ask if you play the game. People already steamroller virtually everything in it even with weaker builds. The game should be made a little harder, not easier, otherwise people will get even more bored with the content.

Posted: May 4th 2010 12:27PM jpkustra said

Sweeping generalizations... The Devs and I have something in common! Isn't that what I said they were probably doing to the powers? ;)
If I ever hear that they put the strength of the players back up to pre-launch, I'll hop right back in. I liked the game up until they made a player feel ordinary and not super.

Posted: May 4th 2010 12:58PM urgan said

The game was awesome during closed beta, and it hasn't been the same since.

Posted: May 4th 2010 3:59PM (Unverified) said

I know people that left due to that unseen patch. Worst thing they ever did, except it was needed. There was only a day or so worth of content at launch, so they had to slow things down until they added more.

I miss CO closed and open beta... sigh.

Posted: May 4th 2010 8:56PM TheGreatMachine said

CO is moronically easy at present. You need to have a good hard look at yourself if you find it challenging.

Posted: May 4th 2010 1:11PM (Unverified) said

Well if you are not able to kill more than 3 henchmans... you really need some practice... Seriously, this game is too easy, and everyone is saying the samething... that's why they are putting a difficulty slider, to add some challenge.

Between I found this game a lot better now than during beta and it will be a lot more enjoyable after the difficulty slider will be in prod.

But that's my opinion.

Posted: May 4th 2010 1:14PM smackphat said

Slippery, you might be surprised. I'm a lifer who swore off the game after the vibora bay scandal (and hadn't really played before that since beta), but I'm back now and can't quit playing. Something that might have slipped through the melee pass patch notes is that offensive passives got buffed. Defensive passives got buffed in the kitchen sink pass and the game does feel more like it did in early beta by helping you to feel super.

Anyway, if you're genuinely curious I could throw a referral pass your way if you like.

Posted: May 4th 2010 7:03PM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
If a game is too easy take all your armor (or the games equivalent) off and play naked. If you need further "challenge" invite your neighbors 2 and 3 year old over to play in the room with you while you try and level. If that is STILL too easy disconnect your mouse and try playing with just the keyboard.
There ya go, every epeen complain fixed for the next 10 games in 15 seconds!