Posted: May 2nd 2010 6:02PM (Unverified) said

Great article. Conall's Valley has given me and my friends a lot of good times when we want to test out some new classes in PvP, and we'll often find more targets there because players have to stick to the narrow paths most of the time.

Really looking forward to your Godslayer articles. Only a little over a week now till we head east. :]

Posted: May 2nd 2010 7:23PM Cendres said

Had most of my grouping in Conall's Valley on my first run, it was a popular place. I love the mountain scenery there, but I have to say that Purple Lotus Swamp is pretty darned cool too.

I'm very excited for the expansion and a new 20-40 zone level! Pretty sure my new main will be Khitan. :)

Posted: May 2nd 2010 7:56PM Jef Reahard said

Yeah I did Lotus back at launch, which is why I went to Conall's this time. I'm sure I'll do it again as I start to flesh out my army of alts.

Good times.

Posted: May 2nd 2010 8:49PM Thac0 said

I'm sure my new main will be Khitan too. I cant wait for the expansion. I'm still loving the old content too thought since I;m back and working my way through the 50's on my DT.

Posted: May 2nd 2010 9:02PM Cendres said

Do you recommend Dark Templar for mostly solo and sometimes grouping? I LOVE the barbarian but I can't roll one as a Khitan, so I was thinking DT or bear shaman though I'm not fond of 2 handed weapons. I might get desperate enough and roll assassin... *eek*

Posted: May 3rd 2010 12:03AM Thac0 said

DT does superbly solo and is a great tank for groups sometimes as well. I split my points in between the DPS and tanking tree so i can be good at both and it solos well at the same time.

I was thinking about a BS too. DT is much easier than assassin. I have an assassin at the same level that used to be my main.

Posted: May 2nd 2010 7:25PM Deadalon said

• Half a heart
ohh wow.. lvl 40 reporter telling us how great AOC is.

Hes gonna be able to tell us how "awsome" the expansion is ... lol....

Posted: May 2nd 2010 7:32PM (Unverified) said

...says the person that hasn't even played the game for years....

Posted: May 2nd 2010 7:49PM Jef Reahard said

@Deadalon:

Why yes, yes I will be telling you about the expansion, and I hope to see more of your insightful commentary on that piece. Tbh, it doesn't really matter that I have multiple 80s in the beta, as being at endgame isn't a requisite for reporting on anything other than raids and whiny veteran angst.

For most people, it's about the journey.

Posted: May 2nd 2010 8:04PM Cendres said

I'm not even sure if Deadalon is a veteran or someone STILL pisy his machine couldn't run AoC at launch.

The launch for me for smooth btw, it's only later that I had lag issues, and those are now gone.

Beautiful adventure game is what this MMO is, it could have been more but so far this, it does well.

Posted: May 2nd 2010 8:47PM Thac0 said

• Half a heart
FAIL

Posted: May 3rd 2010 9:14AM (Unverified) said

@Jef

I'm sure Deadalon's commentary will still be just him jumping around the fringes of these forums yelling 'they release too soon! they release too soon!' while the rest of us are happily smacking down ninjas.

Anyhoo - I'm in my 50s now on Cimmeria and just finishing up Field of the Dead. This game is strikingly beautiful... I plan to reroll when the expansion is released - I'm loving my Sin right now, but may reroll a Ranger.

Posted: May 3rd 2010 10:00AM Thac0 said

Hey now why am i getting NegaStars!? :P Deadalon's troll was totally fail.

Posted: May 3rd 2010 10:26AM Deadalon said

• 1 heart
For most gamers its about the journey - For Funcom its ONLY about the money...

You are all welcome to say whatever about me.. I have played AOC - I even had a lvl 80 chara before the game went live.. I know what went on then. And I very well know what is going on now. Sadly NDA is preventing us to actually tell things like they are. Once more.

Posted: May 3rd 2010 10:43AM (Unverified) said

What MMO company isn't only about money? What do you think Blizzard is about these days? ; /

Until you yeld and play the game again in its newer state (thats under new management fyi) your word about "what goes on" is worthless.

Posted: May 2nd 2010 8:30PM Valdur said

Same here,I doubt Deadalon ever reached level 80 or even did Tier 1,Xibaliku/Slaughterhouse/Commons/Iron Tower.But we are now accustomed to his angst.

Posted: May 3rd 2010 4:04AM ZachDude said

Jef, what server do you play on?

Posted: May 3rd 2010 9:42AM Jef Reahard said

Lately I've been spending all my time on Wiccana (as well as the Godslayer beta). That said, I also have a 20ish ranger on Cimmeria.

Posted: May 3rd 2010 10:03AM Thac0 said

I'm so excited for the X-Pac that i keep revisiting this because its the only AoC related posting in the last few days. I'm feeling like a kid before X-Mas presents.

Posted: May 3rd 2010 12:52PM (Unverified) said

Daedalus, seriously. Give the game another shot. Your hate is unfounded now. I'm an early access member who quit a month after the game came out. I came back five months later and quit after one day because the server I was on was empty. I then followed some friends back, rolled on Cimmeria and have enjoyed every moment since.

They have learned. Too late for some, but not for me.

Since I have reading expansion news I can now tell the old zones are extremely bottlenecked, and am looking forward to open zones that are being advertised. Also the AAs are a big attraction for me since I'm an EQ vet and it sounds a lot like their AA system.