Posted: May 2nd 2010 1:33PM (Unverified) said

"I can almost see the Assassin's minds running now with new strategies to combat this. "

I imagine they are thinking more along the lines of "how much money can I get for my account" or "When does FF14 come out?" Or else just looking at how much time they spent leveling their character and weeping softly into their hands.

Posted: May 2nd 2010 2:09PM Laephis said

Pretty much. I quit playing my Assassin (and Aion in general) at level 34 when I realized the class was going to be shit on every step of the way.

Posted: May 2nd 2010 2:45PM DrewIW said

QQ My stunlock backbone!

Posted: May 2nd 2010 2:50PM (Unverified) said

Like all things related to AION, it's not so much what they are doing but how they choose to do it. If stunlock is a problem (and I would argue it's not, except for ganking, which a level 40 skill doesn't really help) then you would want to address the problem in an intelligent way. Instead you get this boneheaded solution, which anyone can see will create more problems than it could ever solve. It just all feeds into the narrative that this game is not a serious attempt by NCsoft to create and maintain an A-list MMO franchise.

Posted: May 2nd 2010 2:55PM wjowski said

Were diminishing returns beyond the dev's ability to code?

Posted: May 2nd 2010 3:17PM asarja said

What a fking idiot :)

So this is how balancing works in Aion - you drop a sh*tbomb and then say "oh, people are smart, I bet they will figure out a way to counter the bullsh*t changes we just did to the game mechanics".

Spot on, NCSoft :)

Posted: May 2nd 2010 7:40PM Graill440 said

Well typed indeed. :)

Posted: May 2nd 2010 5:31PM (Unverified) said

• Half a heart
Oh Wow lovers plz give it up and go and play sumthin else like your fav kiddy game.

Maby youre just not old enough for a harder game, or maby u just like farming murlocs, whatever it is plz stop wagging the wow dog like youre on their payroll...

Posted: May 2nd 2010 5:45PM mode7overworld said

Holy crap, nobody mentioned WoW except you.

Posted: May 2nd 2010 6:32PM wjowski said

Talk about diarrhea of the mouth.

Posted: May 2nd 2010 7:39PM Graill440 said

Since no one will type it i will beukes2, you all about being a dumbass.

Posted: May 2nd 2010 10:28PM (Unverified) said

What makes me giggle about this comment is the notion that somehow Aion, the game that focuses on shiny, sparkly angel-things fighting cutesy monsters is somehow less of a "kiddy game" than WoW. Oh, what a fantastic world you must live in...

Posted: May 3rd 2010 12:43PM (Unverified) said

@beukes2 I think perhaps you should spend less time playing *any* games and pick up a remedial english writing and composition class or two. Your writing style (or lack thereof) is almost as moronic as the content which you post.

Posted: May 2nd 2010 7:32PM (Unverified) said

He makes comments about how he's been defeated by clerics, or that he's been locked out of instances by timers, but I really sort of feel like it's insincere comments. I agree with CNMR: they claim that this is part of some cleverly planned balance, but I don't really believe he has any idea what he's talking about.

I'd love to see him toss up some statistics, like noting that Assassins are x times more likely to win an equal level 1v1 or go into detail about how he envisions Dredgion matches working (rather than just tossing out words like 'exciting' and 'fast paced').

I applaud NCSoft's attempts at better communication, but it still feels hollow.

-SirNiko

Posted: May 2nd 2010 10:06PM BrianH said

stun was the worst thing ever implemented in any multiplayer game, sorry.

no one skill, should lock out 99% of my skills.

Posted: May 2nd 2010 10:36PM (Unverified) said

As a PvE mechanic, it's dandy. Crowd-control intensive PvE fights where players have to keep mobs stunned/stun them at the proper times/etc. are lots of fun and way more challenging than your usual tank and spank fights.

It's PvP where it starts causing trouble, and I can't begin to fathom why developers haven't realized this yet.

Posted: May 3rd 2010 1:22PM (Unverified) said

Chanters get the short end of the stick on this, our highest DPS moves have stuns built in. Sin's get to pick when and where they will apply a stun chanters get stuns delivered on the back of RNG.

Worst class in the game just got nerfed...

One Shots: Hello, autumn