- Beau Hindman (@spouseaggro): I will be playing a ton of Alganon and Wurm, and trying to get off that rock in Allods. It's been so exciting discovering these games, and it's good to see Alganon relaunch so well!
- Brendan Drain (@nyphur): I'm taking a bit of a break from MMOs this weekend to play an old classic, Frontier: Elite II on the Amiga. Elite is arguably one of the strongest influences for EVE Online and I've been hooked on its sequel Frontier since I was little. Thankfully, emulators allow it to run at a solid 50 FPS now compared to the poor performance you get out of an actual Amiga 600. My favorite costume is probably the gear I have on my Runes of Magic mage, uninspiringly named "Nyphur." The gear is a combination of the Silverspring set that you get from quests around level 15-20 and a crafted ventis crown.The rabbit head staff is a costume item from the item shop that you combine with another item's stats using the aggregator. The wings come from the ruby shop. Here's a screenshot of her on a horse.
- Dan O'Halloran: Mobile 3D MMO Pocket Legends just released a major update so I'll be digging into that this weekend. I've also discovered that my beloved Tower Defense-like Defender Chronicles on my iPhone released two new maps. My enthusiasm for the new web browser RTS Lord of Ultima is flagging as it is taking longer and longer to get anything accomplished, but I've discovered ohai's Facebook MMO City of Eternals. Yes, it's a vampire MMO on Facebook. Don't judge me.
- Edward Marshall: I will be working feverishly to get my crafter to the level cap in Fallen Earth. The level cap is going up to 50 soon, and I want new gear for my main.
- Eliot Lefebvre: I will be enjoying my new villainous EATs in City of Heroes, enjoying some good old-fashioned hunting in Star Trek Online, and working on novel-like projects for the duration. As for my favorite costume... who could play Final Fantasy XI and not love the Red Mage Artifact set? Complete with pimp hat!
- Jef Reahard: Currently leveling my AoC ranger like mad, and dabbling with an Aion chanter while anxiously awaiting 1.9 in a few days. As for the bonus question, I always liked the look of the plate armor in Vanguard. I can't remember the name of this particular set, but I liked it so much that I wore it in my appearance slots long after I had leveled past it.
- Justin Olivetti (@sypster): I'm going to be torn between my Burglar and Captain in LotRO -- or maybe start a new Lore-master? What about a Minstrel? I... I need help!
- Patrick Mackey (@mackeypb): It's hard to pick one outfit, you know, so I chose my robot maid who transforms into a Gundam and a jet. This is her in Gundam mode. This weekend is special, because Saturday is my birthday. Like all aging veterans, I will probably be drinking far more alcohol than is probably safe.
- Rubi Bayer (@Rubi_): I'll be playing plenty of DDO and Fallen Earth. I'm so close to Sector 2 in Fallen Earth -- I'm just dying to get to Sunshine Corners. It'll be nice to get beaten up and killed someplace new. I'll be running around Stormreach Harbor in DDO choosing the next round of quests for Nights of Eberron. (If you're a OnedAwesome guild member, I just might have a surprise for everyone Wednesday night!) My favorite in-game outfit is Ari's infamous purple bikini. It's a bit (lot) skimpier than what she usually wears, but I'm crazy about the detail on the pieces, and the color goes perfectly with her favorite weapon.
- Seraphina Brennan (@sera_brennan): This weekend is going to be a Lord of the Rings Online weekend, me thinks. I need to do some work on the epic quest line, and I have to do some leveling to catch up with my friends. We all hope to go to the Great Barrows (as I haven't seen that dungeon yet) so it promises to be some epic fun in an epic world. As for the bonus question, I really do have a favorite outfit! It's my EverQuest II Tier'dal Executioner Leather, and it looks absolutely brilliant on my Dark Elf character. Sure, it's "bought" armor from the EQII store, but it just makes me feel so epic and it fits my character so perfectly that I can't ignore it.
- Tateru Nino (@taterunino): Dwarf Fortress, Nethergate: Resurrection and Mabinogi are all going to lay some claim to my time this weekend. I think my Mabinogi character is somewhat in need of a rebirth. She's now 116 years old, game-time, which is awesome ... she doesn't look a day over 96.
Posted on May 22nd 2013 8:00PM
Posted on May 22nd 2013 7:00PM
Posted on May 22nd 2013 4:30PM