Posted: May 1st 2010 10:31AM Greeen said

• 1 heart
I wish I would care, but I don't anymore. Too bad. I really liked SWG while I played, both pre & post-NGE.
Wonder what will happen once Bioware's version is out. But that is another topic all along.

Posted: May 1st 2010 11:41AM RogueJedi86 said

Thank you for the highly relevant post. We've never had anyone post in a SWG news topic to say they don't care about the game anymore. Maybe you can do it again next time SWG pops up in the news on here.

It's nice that SWG is celebrating ESB's 30th anniversary. I sure didn't remember ESB is 30 this month. Plus it's not like TOR would be able to celebrate these kinds of events in-game without clashing with lore since they'd be celebrating the events of films that happen 3500 years in the future. SWG is the best place to celebrate ESB if only for the fact that it takes place during that time.

Posted: May 2nd 2010 5:37PM (Unverified) said

I'm sorry RogueJedi, it's hard to hear you so far up SOE's ass.

"Plus it's not like TOR would be able to celebrate these kinds of events in-game without clashing with lore since they'd be celebrating the events of films that happen 3500 years in the future."

You mean kind of how SWG currently has 389234 Jedi running around during a time when there were extremely rare and in hiding? It's not that TOR would be able to celebrate the events. They'll just actually respect lore and immersion in a game not to piss all over the IP.

Posted: May 1st 2010 11:21AM archipelagos said

The Empire Strikes Back = easily the best film in the franchise.

Posted: May 1st 2010 11:58AM swarmofcats said

SWG = easily the worst game of the IP.

Posted: May 1st 2010 12:04PM (Unverified) said

Agree - Empire Strikes Back is not only the best in the franchise but the best science fiction movie ever made.

The franchise has been milked so much that I have a hard time believing that SWG is the worst.

At one time, it was one of the best MMORPGs out there.

Posted: May 1st 2010 1:40PM Dblade said

No offense man, but Blade Runner, the Matrix and Alien would want to have words with you. Empire is okay, but the Star Wars films are really just good for visual design: the science fiction is a mess.

Posted: May 2nd 2010 12:19PM (Unverified) said

Blade Runner was as boring as 2001: A Space Odyssey. Talk about nothing but visuals!

It's all in the eye of the beholder, but if we go to the critics, the only one you have a point about is Alien which is one step higher than Empire Strikes Back due to the # of reviews written about it.

Alien was damn good. Alien 2 was even better...then that franchise went to hell in a hand-basket.

Posted: May 1st 2010 12:06PM Lateris said

I loved the Empire Strikes back. I loved how the director focused on the characters. I think SWG NGE is a better game these days and once you dive into the game you can find a ton of content. Yavin still looks good.Endor looks great. And there is a DX 10 mod on SWG Mods that redid every texture on planets and in space. I wish they would get rid of that silly silver skin on the UI. I make better textures. The game is not so bad these days.

Posted: May 1st 2010 12:29PM Lateris said

BTW here is a link for current SWG fans to that DX10 mod.

I think it is pretty cool that he

Posted: May 1st 2010 12:09PM (Unverified) said

Sigh, oh well...

No expansion. I was kinda thinking SOE would recommit to the game this year after all these years but I guess not. That's it, they blew any last chance to reinvent the game before ToR hits.

Instead they celebrating the 30th anniversary by doing...nothing but handing out trinkets.

Bye, bye.

Posted: May 1st 2010 12:52PM willflynne said

• 1 heart
Oh gods no! No expansion announcement! It is the end indeed! Fire and brimstone falling from the sky!

You can bet dollars to donuts that if SOE were to announce an expansion to SWG, there'd be as many people pronouncing doom and gloom about it as there would be celebrating, seeing as how the last expansion was closely followed by the NGE. We're all well aware of how well that was received.

Speaking of the NGE, isn't that a prime example of devs trying to reinvent the game? The fact that they haven't tried to reinvent the game again (and effectively pull the rug out from under their playerbase for a second time) is cause for celebration, in my book.

Posted: May 1st 2010 11:43PM (Unverified) said

It's not the fact that there is no new expansion, simply instead of producing any real content that isn't nothing but grinding on the same thing for hours straight to get a single task done, they do nothing but code in "new items" to try to appease the playerbase.

Maybe if they had focused on the bugs that had existed for years instead of figuring out what new useless decoration item to implement next, things wouldn't be that bad.

Posted: May 1st 2010 5:34PM pcgneurotic said

30 years old? Man, I was 6 years old when I saw it at the cinema, that means I must be.... old...

Posted: May 2nd 2010 11:54PM karnisov said

well i wish TOR would come out already. *puts on my helmet and gets in my bunker prepared for RogueJedi86's swg fan rage*