Posted: Apr 30th 2010 5:20PM Its Utakata stupid said

Presuming the rumor is true...

"While this is a challenging step for us, the steps were taken to maintain the growth, continued development and profitability of Fallen Earth."

...laying of 80% of your company will destroy it, not make it grow. This is a really bad decision for a company that's been moslty doing the right thing.

Posted: Apr 30th 2010 5:51PM JoeH42 said

So how many employees did they have working before this slash and burn? I'm curious if 28 remaining does come to an 80% layoff or close.
As for FE, I'm loving the game and hope it doesn't go down the tubes. Certainly they've got enough small glitches and technical issues with the game that I think there's plenty of work to be done on it. Throw in a lot of small improvements they could be making (like being able to link recipes and/or tradeskills in chat) and I'm sure they've got plenty of work they could be doing on the game. This kind of news makes me think that I might as well not bother visiting the suggestions forum again. Of course, I could be totally wrong about that. I'm just sort of saying how this news makes me feel. I'm sure 28 amazing employees can do all sorts of good stuff.

Posted: Apr 30th 2010 5:53PM (Unverified) said

I was very surprised. I'm one of the people who lost my job today. As much as it sucks, we poured ourselves into patch 1.4, and I totally stand behind my work.

Posted: Apr 30th 2010 6:08PM DiscordSK said

Wait.. so Icarus studios had 130+ people working at the studio to have lost 80% and been left with 28 people.

Umm... something smells fishy here.

Posted: Apr 30th 2010 6:26PM karnisov said

wow. 80% is a big number.

Posted: Apr 30th 2010 6:53PM Birk said

Big shoutout to those who lost their jobs today. Never easy, especially when you are left out of a project that you have poured your life into. The crew at Icarus studios managed to pull off a very respectable indy game; that esteem will follow you wherever you go.

Best of luck!

Posted: Apr 30th 2010 7:39PM (Unverified) said

This game is one of the best MMOs I have ever played, thank everyone that worked on this game to make it what it is today.

Posted: May 1st 2010 4:10AM ZenJitsu said

Paragon Studios pulled off some of its best Issues post-City of Villains launch when they were reduced to 15 staff. During that time (although we didn't know it), few assumed that CoH was dying or on life support. There were concerns of course, but no more than the usual Doom.

Then again, they were backed by NCSoft, so I suppose they had a net.

To those who were laid off: you guys managed to pull off a feat and created something different and interesting. Good luck in the market and I hope you get to keep doing what you enjoy!

Posted: May 1st 2010 5:47AM (Unverified) said

No way...so soon after Lee jumps ship...errr...moves on to other opportunities?

One would think maybe he had some insight on things to come...

Posted: May 1st 2010 1:59PM (Unverified) said

It sad for those that lost their jobs, but hardly surprising. Considering their free trial was so bugged the first mission refused to work. They rushed the game out too quick when it was still buggy to make money and did not get the sufficient subscribers to make it work. It could have been a great game, instead it was a very mediocre one.

Posted: May 1st 2010 4:46PM (Unverified) said

I love FE, one of my favorite MMOs ever, but this will cause me unsub and to leave the waist land behind at the end of the month.

Why leave a game I enjoy?

Because firing people after they have worked so hard for so long as soon as they deliver is no way to treat your employees. I will not support this type of corporate behavior with my money.

Posted: May 2nd 2010 3:05PM Innocentte said

Well, if you want to see what a REAL MMO staff looks like, have a peep at the credits for WoW.

You cannot create any significant new content in a modern MMO with just a handful of people.

I think with a team this small, at least half of the Icarus Staff are bound to be Management of some sort or other.

Life Support it is.