Posted: Apr 29th 2010 6:22PM JoeH42 said

Sometimes all it takes for me to relieve a little burnout is just playing a different class in the game for a while or going back and soloing some of the lower level content just to look at it again. Or just look around for someone who needs help with a quest or just some poor noob with a lot of questions who could use a little advice. Of course, burnout still happens. When a game starts to feel more like a job than a game, it's time to take a break. (I don't like it when I feel like I HAVE to log into a game every day).

Posted: Apr 29th 2010 6:43PM ultimateq said

For a second there I thought this was an article about a burnout mmo. Not sure how that made me felt. Interested, but cautious I suppose.

I'm on permanent burnout. Ever since I quit EQ basically, nothing has really rubbed me the right way. I am playing some Star Trek Online to kill some time, I am hoping that All Points Bulletin will be my MMO savior.

Posted: Apr 29th 2010 7:19PM JoeH42 said

Have you given Fallen Earth a shot UltimateQ? It's got a free 10-day trial with very few limitations on it (moslty just no mail or trading) and I've seen very few people try it who didn't subscribe. Doesn't hurt to give it a try and it could hit the spot for you :)

Posted: Apr 29th 2010 7:28PM Cendres said

Going through some burn out too, I just don't really know where to throw myself. :( Thinking Age of Conan may call me back for some time, but just as an adventure. I think my main problem is that my perfect MMO just hasn't been made yet, or released.

Tried all the above excellent suggestions and still I can't stick to anything. lol Well I need to go through my single player games, finish and shelf them. Yep that sounds like a good plan! That might kill two months off and then I'll feel like MMOing again for realz. ;P

Posted: Apr 29th 2010 7:56PM CCon99 said

Borderlands is a great non-MMO that still feels like a MMO. Big world, can play with 3 others, even has a leveling system.

Posted: Apr 30th 2010 2:04AM Crode said

I've had burnout a few times in various MMOs since EQ was released. I think the largest reason for it is the monthly subscription fees. I pay for a month (or more) and feel that I MUST play every day just to get my money's worth.

Also I will not be joining a guild of people that can't be casual friendly. Any guild that has fanatics, keeps a strict schedule, has lots of drama, I don't want to be part of anymore. And even worse is being a guild leader or other leadership role.

My burnout problems have gone away since then :)

Posted: Apr 30th 2010 3:56AM Graill440 said

• 1 heart
As i have stated before, if you burnout on anything, you have a weak mind. What you do everyday of your life, work, entertain yourself, or of simply do nothing is up to you, its also up to you on how much you do any of these things. If your feeling weakminded i suggest you focus on something else for a while.

Telling the world or future employers you have no discipline isnt the best thing to communicate.

Posted: Apr 30th 2010 5:06AM Crode said

Well your wrong in every way.

Who are these future employers you mention?

Posted: Apr 30th 2010 5:54AM TheGreatMachine said

What a ridiculous statement.

Posted: Apr 30th 2010 9:32AM Le Chat Noir said

And after all this time at my job of painting the full-stop onto every keyboard across the world and feeling burnt out about it... it was just my weak mind.

Curse my weakness! Curse it! If only I was strong like Graill, if only I could communicate to future employers that I do have discipline! Why-oh-why have the gods forsaken me to be weak minded? WHHHYYYY?!

*resounding echo*

Posted: Apr 30th 2010 11:07AM (Unverified) said

"you have a weak mind"

"i"
"or of simply do nothing"
"its also"
"weakminded"
"If your feeling"
"i"
"isnt"

I'm not a grammar nazi normally, but if someone accuses a bunch of people of being weak minded and then writes like that I can't help myself. L O fricken L

Make My MMO: December 14 - 20, 2014