Posted: Apr 27th 2010 8:05PM Deadalon said

• Half a heart
All I can say is for everyone ot wait at least 2-3 weeks before making up your mind about this expansion.

This is Funcom. They have a strong PR machine that would tell you that you actually need a new family for only 200 USD. And you can PRE-ORDER it from them !

Posted: Apr 27th 2010 10:45PM Neurasthenic said

Give it a rest. We get it, you have an irrational hatred for Funcom and have no desire to actually know what you're talking about.

Posted: Apr 27th 2010 10:45PM Birk said

Funcom has been getting a lot of speculative flak from their playerbase lately, on the relatively small marketing campaign for RoTGS. From what I have seen across various gaming sites, I would say that their PR machine is running pretty lean. Im expecting a big explosion of details in the coming weeks, as well as a widespread campaign...but no one really knows at this point.

As with any MMO, buying an expansion is a caveat. But I hardly think its worth warning people from buying it because of their PR? Unless you are referring to the games launch catastrophe...which is a dead horse that happened YEARS ago. Get over that bit of history; AoC has come a long way. Its time to stop playing the Funcom Sucks Because AoCs Launch Was Fail.

They did some substantial restructuring. I would suggest anyone to give this game an honest shot. And with a free, unlimited trial to level 20 (potentially 10+ hours of free game time)...theres no reason not to decide for yourself.

Posted: Apr 27th 2010 10:47PM Birk said

As an aside, Im not sure I understand what you mean by:

Funcom never told me I needed a new family? Why, was yours murdered by Stygians? Filthy Stygian scum.

Posted: Apr 27th 2010 11:31PM (Unverified) said

Are you posting your hate about AoC again???? Honestly is that all you do, either here or on MMORPG.com????

Sad for you.

Posted: Apr 28th 2010 4:52AM DiscordSK said

I've just recently returned to the game, kept reading about the expanion on this site and figured why the hell not.

The game is FUN. Maybe its just because its been so long since I last played. Maybe its because I've forgotten and forgiven the launch.. issues. Or maybe they just turned shit around and have actually turned it into something good. Either way, I am having a blast and find myself looking forward to the expansion.. something I didn't consider particularly interesting a month ago.

As for PR, well... not really sure what they are doing. It seems rather muted.. but I guess not everyone has a money pile to throw away like Blizzard these days.

Posted: Apr 28th 2010 8:22AM Deadalon said

• 1 heart
I comment about alot of games here. Its not my fault that AOC launched half finished is it ? And neither is it my fault that they did not lift NDA and closed all their forums from public viewing to prevent gamers to actually find out the true state of the game. Including missing features and bugs galore.

Im just keeping ppl informed. Like I said... it was not me that launced the game like that in the first place.

Posted: Apr 28th 2010 8:42AM (Unverified) said

Even my Grandma knows that AoC had a bad launch. Give it a fucking rest already.

Posted: Apr 28th 2010 9:12AM (Unverified) said

The unfortunate issues the game had at launch, years ago, have long since been resolved. When's the last time you actually played the game? It is without a doubt one of the best looking games out there, AND its very fun to play. Get over it.
I highly recommend trying this game.

Posted: Apr 28th 2010 12:02PM Deadalon said

• 1 heart
It would not matter if it was a MMO - another kind of game - antivirus program or whatever. The fact that it launched unfinished - buggy and none playable AND the fact that the company went the extra mile to actually HIDE that fact... is something that everyone should know about. Its still the same company and most of the same ppl in charge.

Funcom is now luring ppl into pre-ordering before ppl actually get a true version of what the game is about - what the expansion is adding and so on. THis Xfire show is not actually helping in that way at all since you can find Devs of AOC showing off their DX versions LONG before the launch of the game ... and even the same devs showing off mounted combat as a feature in the game.

THis is the way Funcom works. THey try to tell you what their game has ... instead of actually letting you PLAY the game to find out for yourself.
A good game doesn't need lures and hype to get players to play it. But... AOC does.

Posted: Apr 28th 2010 5:33PM (Unverified) said

So you haven't played the game since launch? Because it's a good game. Today. Not the launch version. The one that exists now. The one I am playing. The one you're not playing. Anyone who is playing the game now and enjoying it will be happy to pre-order.

Posted: Apr 28th 2010 6:03PM Deadalon said

• 1 heart
I bought an internet security package about 2 years ago. It did not allow WOW throught their firewall at the time so I had to turn it off every time I logged. I sent in request of full refund... I got it in less than 2 days- no problem whatsoever. I salute that antivirus provider cause it accepted themselfs that there is a standard that is just not acceptable.

Its exactly the same with gaming developers. We are talking about software that the GAMERS have allowed to fall so far below anything that is even remotely acceptable... that its just sad.

Those same gamers are now cheering on a game that cheated 1 million buyers out of a real product. And they have used the money they cheated out of 1 million buyers to get their game into playable state. Im sorry but I dont see why I should be feeling ashamed for pointing that out. THe ppl that should feel ashamed are the ppl that closed down pulblic viewing of the official AOC forums days before release... exactly the same ppl that did not lift NDA of a buggy, half finished product that was far, FAR below any standard of ANY software.

I still carry fully respect for the antivirus company that refunded me for a product that didn't live up to the standard or the features that were expected. BUT I will always loath any company that makes me pay the same amount for much lower standards. Just because its a game... no... its a MMO game that means it can lie about everything it says on the box and still throw out such garbage as AOC was at the time.

AOC will ALWAYS be marked with the crap it was at launch. It did not live up to the standards of million of gamers... right now it is living up the low standards of few fanboys that still bother to defend the title. The rest of the gaming world is doing the right thing in ignoring this product. And hopefully they will for years to come.

Posted: Apr 28th 2010 9:30AM Cendres said

Age of Conan is one of those MMOs that is a good GAME, it is very fun, I don't feel like Hyboria is much of a world though there's a few things I wish were added to make it so. But it remains that at this state it deserves none of the flak, anyone still talking about the launch needs to realize MMOs by their nature change and if a game actually improves a lot since then it should be praised not condemned over and over.

May give this a try, depends how lonely I get in FFXI (and it's getting pretty lonely... )