Posted: Apr 27th 2010 10:47PM (Unverified) said

Aion is crap, I played beta was stoked, bought 3 collector's editions was STOKED, told me dad (who actually enjoys a grinder, seriously, who really enjoys a grinder....) Played the game until about 35, checked out the dungeons , sieges , pvp and everything else the game had to offer.... and after the first month I literally threw the game box out to clear desk space and canceled my subscription. Never even looked back.

My Dad how ever continued the grind to 50, showed me exactly what I assumed, it's a grindfest and really nothing even to look forward to end-game wise. and he has been telling me how boring and deserted the servers are.

GOD I PRAY TERA is better than aion.

Graphically Aion had all the potentially in the world , gaming wise I would rather use a vise grip on my balls than suffer through playing this bore-fest!

Posted: Apr 27th 2010 11:06PM Birk said

Wow, vivid imagery!

Thats a shame. If its such a grind, then *golfclap* to the developers for alleviating the grind a little bit with this patch. However, it will take a lot more than that to convince me to play a game that has anything to do with having wings.

Posted: Apr 28th 2010 12:06AM Ace Noble said

You're lucky. I endured months of grueling repetitive boredom trying to level up my templar on Lumiel. I first noticed the server was shrinking when it became obvious that everybody knew each other. Just like a small rural town.

I disagree on one point. Aion is not crap. NCSoft North America is crap. The version of Aion they are playing in Korea is great, I'm sure. Here in the west, though, they feed us the crap version and give us crap service in addition. It's going to take more then a patch to make me come back or even trust any game from NCSoft.

Posted: Apr 27th 2010 11:45PM Surelle said

Honestly, this "give the ultra-slow 'exploration' levelers a little help with their XP" sounds like it does nothing for the grind of the upper levels for the average player, not to mention that this Energy of Salvation actually drops how much it helps you percentage-wise in the upper levels as well. Pffft.

The only hope this game will have to alleviate grind is the new Public Test Servers (one US and one EU) going up this Thursday. The devs claim they're going to be running 24/7 and they're even staging events with the devs on them. They're going to majorly accelerate leveling, drops, Abyss points, crafting, etc. because they aren't allowing players to copy their characters onto the PTSs but they need all level ranges tested for localization errors as new patches emerge.

Maybe Jef Reahard could roll there and give us all a report! :) He might even like it better.

I'm just sayin'...hehe.

Posted: Apr 28th 2010 12:57AM Ace Noble said

It is going to take more than "Energy of Salvation" or any of the fixes promised in the next patch. The service and support behind Aion NA has been the worst. They are lying to us when they say are adapting to what we want. It is all lies and empty promises again because it is not about us at all. The changes were originally for the customers in Korea. I am sure they get wonderful service and support over there, along with very quick hot-fix patches when something isn't right. Just like Blizzard or Turbine does for their customers.

How long do you think it will be before the other competent large gaming companies clue in on the idea that we like flying aerial combat and fortress battles? I think they did when NCSoft's profits increased one-thousand percent for the last quarter of last year directly because of Aion.

The people behind Aion west have always had the power to slightly increase both the XP and drop rate, and maybe even the cost of flight and repair. Those simple things would kept subscriptions alive, but the great powers who make the actual decisions on how to tweak the game simply did not care!

As insane as this may sound, the only way to get them to take us seriously is for everyone to boycott your subscription renewals. If everyone were to suddenly stop your subscriptions, telling them why, then most certainly we would find NCSoft taking immediate action to apply more resources to fixing things. You would not have to stop forever. Just two to four weeks should send a message.

Posted: Apr 28th 2010 9:01AM (Unverified) said

Or they could just tailor the overall mechanics of the game toward a more enjoyable experience that doesn't include forced massive grinding in the least.

Posted: Apr 28th 2010 6:38PM Graill440 said

This guy is so full of shit it isnt funny. Well it is, but.........

Folks, let this be a lesson to you on what not to be or act like, an ignorant dumbass that has no clue on the current game mechanics in their own game and the reasons for its failure, now kids, repeat after me.......denial. I wonder what clueless asian suit is directing aion west and its devs.

Its actually entertaining (yes i know i am tracking a game i dont play or like, but parole hearings are so much fun) to see these devs, in real time continue to screw a game because they havent the balls to tell their masters they are wrong. Hard head, soft ass, some folks never learn.

Posted: Apr 28th 2010 11:45PM (Unverified) said

It's so funny that every response from every blog/gaming site actual GAMERS and players that have played aion (not even play Aion because 90%+ quit already) is a negative response on how much of a butt sanding grind filled bag of suck aion and NCSoft West is.

You THINK they would get the point and actually try to fix the game but after the first month it was clear all hope was lost.

CONGRATS AION on being the mmo equivalent that Ryan Leaf/Jamarcuss Russel are to the NFL - FAIL!

The Think Tank: Thoughts on PAX East 2014