Posted: Apr 26th 2010 11:10AM Nolinquisitor said

Rift? Hooo... I smell the blood of Palladium Books' lawyers heating up, legally inclined as they are.

Posted: Apr 26th 2010 11:16AM Cendres said

Reason why I've been keeping an eye on this was because they were trying for emergence and generated content on the fly, it seems these rifts are what will be generated. So when you call a rift and enter it's never really the same thing

There's going to be more info on Telara Central a fan site too later today.

Posted: Apr 26th 2010 11:22AM Dumac said

I don't like the new Telara name... Though Heroes of Telara was itself generic and not very imaginative, if you're gonna replace such a thing, at least make the effort of coming up with something more original that serves the purpose of the name change, and not just replace generic with generic. This isn't a brand of toothpaste that you can just call whatever you want, its a service run in such an environment where name recognition and image are very important.

Also, the gamasutra article says the new name is Rift: Planes of Telara, not Rift: Portals of Telara...

Posted: Apr 26th 2010 11:23AM Dumac said

Nevermind about the Plains/Portals thing...

Posted: Apr 26th 2010 11:23AM Stormwaltz said

Finally, Trion unveiled End of Nations, which they say will be "the world's first premium massively multiplayer real-time strategy game."

It appears that Shattered Galaxy went under their radar when they made this boast.

Well, SG went under most people's radars.

Posted: Apr 26th 2010 12:07PM Wisdomandlore said

The title is better than "Heroes of Telara" which made it sound like a generic F2P MMO. I hope this game actually works out. Judging by the videos and the dynamic content, this one could break the mold, if just a little bit.

Posted: Apr 26th 2010 1:32PM Valentina said

Actually I don't really like the new name I thought the old one was fine. Also, the whole rift/plains thing sounds iffy..But we'll see :)

Posted: Apr 26th 2010 2:36PM (Unverified) said

I hope the SyFy MMO is about ghost hunting.

Perfect Ten: My World of Warcraft launch memories