Posted: Apr 26th 2010 7:11PM aurickle said

Vanguard is already on life support. It has been for over a year now. Despite the fact that the game has made huge strides since launch, Sony refuses to promote it and has been cutting back on its budget. From the last I read, all new content for the game has been put on indefinite hold.

The server merge at least has the potential to let everyone have more fun by having more people to play with. But don't get any hopes up that this (now very good) game won't go the way of the Matrix in a year or so.

Posted: Apr 26th 2010 7:22PM karnisov said

ok matrix shut down, whatever is left of the SWG player base will be taken to its knees next year by the SW:TOR launch, and Vanguard is merging servers. no big projects in the pipe that I am aware of. SOE looks to be imploding. is EQ2 their last card?

Posted: Apr 26th 2010 7:43PM Zantom said

You are forgetting DC Online and The Agency.

Posted: Apr 26th 2010 7:50PM karnisov said

oh yeah. forgot about those.

Posted: Apr 26th 2010 7:40PM Dandmcd said

Vanguard servers are probably merging into EQ2, hahaha. I can't believe SOE has never pulled the plug on this game yet, it is shocking it is still making enough money to break even.

As for what SOE has going on, their Facebook game development and Free Realms I imagine are raking in some cash right now. The Agency I assume is still humming along, and they surely have to have some other big MMO hidden under wraps they aren't telling us about.

Posted: Apr 26th 2010 7:52PM wjowski said

...I didn't know they had anything left to merge.

Posted: Apr 26th 2010 8:35PM Lateris said

I wish I had the funding to buy Vanguard from SOE and relaunch it.

Posted: Apr 26th 2010 8:53PM Daelen said

Server mergers don't make much sense given the QA thing. Wouldn't be the first time so shouldn't need new process. Merge of travel or area flow or starting areas or or or... could be anything. Given EQ2 is merging travel types, VG could be headed the same way. Travel in VG isn't exactly noob friendly.

Posted: Apr 26th 2010 8:59PM Wisdomandlore said

I tried it last year and was surprised how much I liked it. But I couldn't justify investing time in a game that is obviously on life-support.

Posted: Apr 27th 2010 8:56AM blix2006 said

agreed,i had so many fond memories of vanguard..being the second guy in my server with a boat...taking a guild full of people in it and jumping on other peoples boats to raid it.bugs and unpolish sank it before it had a chance.its very sad how this brilliant game was handled.

Posted: Apr 26th 2010 9:58PM (Unverified) said

truly sad to see this game go, but too bad SOE care more about EQ2 and didn't want VG to succeed.

If i have money I'd buy the product and start my own company and make it works.

Posted: Apr 26th 2010 10:11PM Daelen said

No one buys a product to sink it. nVidia bought 3Dfx for its tech, AMD bought ATi for its market, HP bought Compaq for its support chain... SOE bought Sigil to bring VG to market not because it would compete directly with EQ2, but because it doesn't. EQ2 != VG and vice versa, never was never was going to be. SOE has a ton of MMOs, none of them compete with each other since they all try for a different market.

And more to the point if your wealth of business savy, marketing power and investment prowess is limited to surfing MMO forums... you can't save VG =P

Posted: Apr 27th 2010 1:07AM Lateris said

I can save vanguard.

Posted: Apr 26th 2010 10:45PM ultimateq said

I love you Vanguard, Please don't go anywhere.

Posted: Apr 27th 2010 9:47AM (Unverified) said

just make it F2P and ppl will come

Posted: Apr 27th 2010 2:48PM (Unverified) said

Yep, this game is screaming for a DDO model upgrade. Pots, classes, races, mounts, and custom housing could all be viable cash shop items in this game.

Posted: Apr 27th 2010 4:13PM (Unverified) said

I actually would love this. I've tried this game 2-3 times and absolutely love it, except for the part where I go for hours and hours without seeing another player.

I promise here and now SOE: you merge all these servers, I'll re-sub.

Posted: Apr 28th 2010 5:01AM silvertemplar said

This game actually really NEEDS a server merge. When i tried this game earlier this year it was dead, compounded by the fact that the game world is -huge-. There's just no point playing an MMO with a world larger than a planet and never seeing any people...

Posted: Jun 4th 2010 7:15PM (Unverified) said

Make the game free to play....and you would be adding servers