Posted: Apr 26th 2010 1:53PM elocke said

Sounds good. Sounds like some innovation for the first time in a long while, lets hope it pans out. I've watching this one since they announced it and I'm thinking it could be the "sleeper" hit of the year(whichever year it comes out in, heheh)

Posted: Apr 26th 2010 2:02PM Cendres said

Allright this explains a few things! Nice!

Posted: Apr 26th 2010 2:07PM (Unverified) said

Feeling it! Can't wait for this game and hope it releases this summer since it's dead...no decent mmorpgs in sight.

Posted: Apr 26th 2010 2:10PM Cendres said

They are projecting for 2011.. :'(

Posted: Apr 26th 2010 2:06PM Wisdomandlore said

The rift mechanic, the promise of the dynamic world, and the impressive quality of the graphics and animation are all surprising. I'm going to be keeping on eye on this one, along with FFXIV, SWTOR, and Tera.

Posted: Apr 26th 2010 2:12PM aurickle said

I really like the fact that the lore explains how players are able to resurrect. Very few games even so much as give a wink and a nod to the topic, which Rift explains it quite nicely.

The fact that the world is seamless and that the rifts actually transform it rather than spawning an instance both sound great. I'm definitely going to be keeping an eye on this game going forward.

Posted: Apr 26th 2010 3:27PM (Unverified) said

Looks nice. Could be my replacement for AoC.

Posted: Apr 26th 2010 6:03PM Gaugamela said

Nice to see a company that instead of overhyping their games years in advance, actually stays low on the radar while developing releasing just enough info to turn some heads.
Maybe there's still hop for MMOs in general. I just they aren't abusive with idiotic cash shops attached to subscriptions.

Posted: Apr 26th 2010 8:43PM (Unverified) said

I'm glad to hear news on this game but disappointed to hear about another 2 faction system game. Ugh.

Posted: Apr 26th 2010 10:24PM TheGreatMachine said

Sounds fun, if it wasn't for the fact that Aion boasted a similar outlook pre-release (Great graphics, fresh take on lore, evil encroaching from rifts) I might be more excited. Once burned ..

I'll certainly keep my eye on things though

Posted: Apr 27th 2010 7:26PM (Unverified) said

Aren't rifts just PQS that move? How does that change the world? Rift goes away the change does to don't it?

Looks badass tho. I just don't get how its new.

Posted: Apr 27th 2010 12:49PM (Unverified) said

• Half a heart
I don't see how rifts will keep subscribers coming back. They are a complex form of world spawn/public quests which will quickly lose their *cool* factor. What really needs to change is how mmo companies release their products. They focus far too much on individual features and technology instead of customer feedback. I will be surprised if this game lasts longer than 3 months based on the current information.

Perfect Ten: My World of Warcraft launch memories