Posted: Apr 25th 2010 8:26PM (Unverified) said

I love Face of Mankind and this update is very promising.

Berlin is kind of a gank mecca. Its pretty though.

Posted: Apr 26th 2010 12:49AM (Unverified) said

This is like a vegetarian deciding he's going to eat meat. I mean, the whole point of FoM was that it didn't have NPCs; that every person you met in the game was controlled by a human player. It looks like it will now become a very generic MMO with 2002 graphics.

Posted: Apr 26th 2010 4:35AM (Unverified) said

I'm glad to see there's some coverage for this awesome MMO.
Opposed to WoW, this is the only MMO I always come back to.

It has a unique position in the market, it's simply unlike any other MMO.
It focuses mainly on RP however it's all very RP-light and you pretty much roll into it on your own. If nothing else, they've done their homework on that one. I don't even like RP. I hate wizard hats.

Having said that, this game is riddled with flaws, the NPC's introduced in the latest patch aren't the answer to them, but it's a nice addition non-the-less and a promising feature for the future.

For new players everything can be very confusing, so read up on it before you give it a try. Which you should.

It's very generous to free players like myself, and even though you don't really want to miss out on the premium stuff, you can easily do without.

Face of Mankind has quite a history behind it, and all the more credit goes to the developers for not giving in and starting something anew, but staying true to its loyal fanbase.

Give it a shot :]

www.fomportal.com

Posted: Apr 26th 2010 6:18AM Distaste said

I played the game and while interesting for about 4 hours it quickly degrades into another "That's it?"

I get the whole RP thing but from what I saw it doesn't offer anything you couldn't get from any other MMO. There was no draw. Get in the game, buy a gun, buy ammo, shoot a few people, and run around lifeless cities; that's pretty much it. I don't even really know where to put this because it doesn't even really fit sandbox style. I like sandbox games but this really lacks game systems that allow the players to create content. So it isn't that the players don't create the content it's that they have no real tools to do so.

Posted: Apr 26th 2010 7:11AM Dread said

RP in FOM?

By RP do you mean running around ganking members of whatever faction you are currently at war with? Maybe you meant walking around with 10 members of FDC/LED and seeing a Merc and having your entire team scream 'Get him!!!'

Fun game to Beta, and I've done that 3 times now, the first time many years ago....its still not a patch on the original game, but while fun to Beta I wouldn't pay money to play it. There's just no long term viability.

Posted: May 2nd 2010 9:34PM (Unverified) said

I just tried this game. It is so different it is hard to categorize. It isn't sandox and it isn't role-play either, it has elements of both. One thing it doesn't really have are quests, and it could do with them as this would add a narative to gameplay which can otherwise feel unfocused. Above all else, I think the combat is the most satisfying part of the game. No other MMO has FPS combat like this, it is brutal and exciting.

Breaking News