Posted: Apr 24th 2010 7:12PM (Unverified) said

so you're insinuating that by buying this horse I'm not skilled enough to raid? I'll gladly stay out of your run if it means I don't have to run with ignorant bigots... I'm not getting things handed to me, I'm working in real life and using what I've earned to gain nothing more than an aesthetic advantage, which is to my benefit only. I'm not buying it to impress my friends, or the random passer by, I'm simply doing it because I want the horse and I have the means to get it.

It does not in any way define my ability to raid or else I wouldn't be in the position in WoW that I'm at now, which may not be ICC25man heroic but I like where I am at the moment. If WoW sold legendary weapons or gave the horse +10000 to everything I'd be just as angry as anyone else as I believe nobody should pay to be better, but the reality of the situation is buying this horse does nothing more than reskin your current mount. It only goes as fast as the fastest mount you posses, so really you have no reason to cry. If you don't want it, don't buy it. The last time I checked we had free will. But if I want it, I'm going to get it and you can stomp your feet, scream and shout all you want but really it's just spilt milk.. grow up

Posted: Apr 24th 2010 7:29PM dudemanjac said

I'm sorry. Nothing was handed. They paid $25. And how does not wanting to grind for a horse not make you good enough to raid? How about the ppl who already have a mounts and bought just because they liked it. What powerful legs you have to be able to make such leaps!

Posted: Apr 24th 2010 8:25PM TheJackman said

• 1 heart
Yeah what I am saying buying a skin for a mount with no function what so ever for 25 bucks and waiting hours in line for it... is a proof of low intel! I am sure you able to raid 25 but I prefers people that got some brains!

Posted: Apr 24th 2010 11:05PM dudemanjac said

It's not a matter of brains, but a matter of disposable income. The fact that you can't see that calls into question your lvl of brains not someone who spent their own money for something they wanted.

Posted: Apr 24th 2010 7:05PM (Unverified) said

What it really boils down to is that people are pissed that they had to spend a considerable amount of time to earn an in-game mount and now these newer players come along and they can just buy one. So they try to make the owners of these new mounts feel ashamed for purchasing them because they feel betrayed. Oh well, I've always thought mounts were a waste of time as far as taking away from my regular leveling and grinding. If I can buy one instead of running around like an idiot then ,hell yeah I'm going to buy one. And I'm sure I won't have any trouble finding a group or raid with like-minded individuals.

Posted: Apr 24th 2010 7:09PM dudemanjac said

I'm with ya. i took a long time getting my mount be cause I refused to go out of my way to make the money required.

Posted: Apr 24th 2010 7:31PM Nadril said

I just think it's silly to spend $20 on a virtual mount. To each their own though really.

Posted: Apr 24th 2010 9:27PM Eamil said

"What it really boils down to is that people are pissed that they had to spend a considerable amount of time to earn an in-game mount and now these newer players come along and they can just buy one."

I don't think it's even that, because you still have to pay for the various levels of riding skill training to be able to ride the mount and have it scale up.

Posted: Apr 24th 2010 7:45PM (Unverified) said

Sorry, but you are way off here. Some people simply cant believe somebody would pay $25 for something like this. Some people are afraid of what the popularity of this sort of thing might represent long term to a game they care about. Nobody says to themselves "They've just bought something I worked for so Ill make em feel ashamed." Mounts are easy to get, and cheap as heck. There is no work involved in being able to afford one that can go the same speed as this mount. None. A basic mount is what, 25 gold for basic training and a 2g for the mount? Everyone gets way more than that without even trying.

Personally, I think spending $25 on a single non game affecting item is completely dumb, but it isnt my money so I dont care what others do with their money. Still makes me shake my head though.

Posted: Apr 24th 2010 7:49PM (Unverified) said

I too would never spend $20 bucks or more on a virtual item like this.I can think of many other things I could spend that money on and derive more satisfaction from and have more to show for.But that's my personal opinion.

Whilst I do not like the direction MMORPGs are going with all these cash shops etc,if the majority accepts these business models then it's gonna become the norm like it or not.I do believe more people do not like them than do,but also believe most gamers are too complacent and/or lazy to do anything serious about it.

Though I do believe companies will eventually push it too far and light a fire under the most complacent gamer.When that happens this market will crash and then we will begin the cycle again.Until this happens,if it does,I will vote with my dollars on what I find acceptable and not.

Posted: Apr 24th 2010 8:23PM (Unverified) said

Mounts are cheap now,although they were not always so. But,to me ,running around in circles to get one has always seemed like the bigger inconvenience. I know how handy mounts are to get from place to place and $25 dollars is really not that big a deal. If it was people wouldn't be buying it. I really don't think the people commenting realize how much some people really do not like spending such a large amount of time to get a mount,and the only mount that is cheap isn't very good.

Posted: Apr 24th 2010 8:26PM dudemanjac said

I'm not taking home anything from my afternoon at the titty bar either, but I'm still gonna get some joy out of the $25 buck I drop there. Ppl have to realize that we don't all place the same value on thing.

Posted: Apr 24th 2010 8:50PM (Unverified) said

I'm a pet collector in WoW and I'm so happy that I decided not to spend the 10 bucks on each of the new Pet Shop pets. I don't look down on people who did, but I understand how easy it is to convince yourself to buy this stuff once you set a precedent and start.

I still try to get as many of the pets that are available in the game, but it does take away a little from the fun of hunting these rare pets down to know that my collection won't compare to others who forked over the dough. Again, its not a big deal, but this new trend does tarnish WoW a little bit for me.

Blizzard should come uip with some more creative ideas or items to sell people if they must have more of our money...lol. For instance, in a previous post I mentioned the idea of offering a "pet patch" for money that would include access to exclusive pets and/or mounts and include new pet features like new emotes,mini-games, etc. for the players who enjoy that sort of thing. Maybe they wouldn't make as much money in the short term with my idea, but its always good to think longterm as to how to keep your customers happy! Especially when there will be new MMOs to compete with..."cough""cough"Star Wars"cough""cough"

Posted: Apr 24th 2010 10:33PM Samael said

For all the faith I have in BioWare, I know that they too will this route of cosmetics for money. But I would wager a bet that they would not sell something like this and would take a more creative approach.

Posted: Apr 24th 2010 8:55PM (Unverified) said

Well spoken! Nothing has ever seemed like as big a waste of money to me as a titty bar! But,to each his own.

Posted: Apr 24th 2010 11:20PM dudemanjac said

It's a nasty habit that I may have broken. You know what did it? Getting a girlfriend who didn't care. Takes all the fun out of sneaking around when she offered me a lap dance allowance.

Posted: Apr 24th 2010 10:20PM Samael said

Its Blizzard, if they sell shit on a stick people will buy it in droves.

Nothing wrong with them selling a mount, they can do whatever they want. $25 is steep, but people are willing to pay, so I do not see a reason for them not to charge that amount. They could have raised it to $30 and people would have bought it.

Is it wrong of them to sell mounts in a sub game? Nope

But this effects others as well. If people are willing to spend money like this, then the price of our pass time as a whole is going to go up soon. Not in the sub price mind you, but these little things. It will get obnoxious.

The future of MMOs are MTs+Sub, I hate it, but the majority accepted it and all they have to do is cater to the majority.

Posted: Apr 25th 2010 3:04AM (Unverified) said

You know guys everyone and their mother complained, oops sorry i meant bithed non stop, when Cryptic decided to add a cash shop for fluf items. Shit that you spend a dollar or a euro.

Wow was doing that shit shit for years, server tranfers name changes, i think now they added gender and class changes not sure and now they are selling things for $25, wow what a suprice.

I bet you anything that this is gonna continue wait a couple of months and there gonna release a sparkly little ponny that flies and the morons are gonna run straight to the arms of the great Blizzard to pay again.

What really pisses me off is the fucking double standard the same morons that were complaining about shits costing 1 or 2 dollars in Cryptic games are paying 25 , go figure.

Posted: Apr 25th 2010 1:17PM (Unverified) said

THANK YOU. You made the same point that I have been wondering for months now. When it was announced that Cryptic was going Sub + MT store people brought out the pitch forks and promised to ban the games.

Then Blizzard (who as you point out has been doing it for a while), comes out with obvious stuff like pets and now a $25 mount and sure some have brought out the pitch forks, but they made near $3 million in 24 hours off a virtual pet.

Please stop with the double standards people and unlike Blizzard Cryptic is a very small company that needs the money, Blizzard on the other didn't spend $3 million developing a horse.

Posted: Apr 25th 2010 3:51AM (Unverified) said

When I first heard about sparkly pony and heard its price tag, my initial thought is that only people who earn too much or kids who know how to manipulate their parents will justify paying the $25 for that one. I expected low sales and high nerdrage. I was 50% right.

Value for money is relative I know and based on several things, mainly how much you earn and how stupid you are. I always thought the two generally accepted MMO payment models, for the majority of MMO gamers are : a subscription model with small cosmetic microtransactions, or a F2P model with millions of microtransactions shoved in your face repeatedly.

$25 is not a microtransaction.

It is however a wonderful piece of marketing from Blizzard, designed to test how gullible their subscribers are for their future games/expansions. To those who just bought the pony, you just made Blizzards marketing people very happy.

All this aside though, am I the only one who hates the look of this mount? Sure I see the attraction of it for women or kids but seriously, if you think you are a straight guy and you bought this, you may need to re-evaluate some life decisions.