Posted: Apr 24th 2010 2:46PM (Unverified) said

whoever bought this mount should be shot. Blizzard pout a trap down that said "all you stupid fools that are willing to let us raise prices, reduce content, and take more from you, please step inside"

Low and behold 90% of you fools walked in sucking your own thumbs and made blizzard another million dollers for doing NOTHING.... Just pouting a price on a mount that should have been in a dungeon.

Thanks Massively for showing off the fools who think there cool for spending money! Woot!

Posted: Apr 24th 2010 2:52PM (Unverified) said

Lol, I don't see how it's a trap. If people want to spend money on a mount, they will. And did.

There's no hidden cost, no incentive besides a flat out.. mount for money. Why are you so angry about a legitimate business practice?

Also, you used the wrong 'there' in your last paragraph. Who's the fool now?

Posted: Apr 24th 2010 2:54PM SgtBaker said

@elspath: Bitter much?

Posted: Apr 24th 2010 6:32PM Slowrollin said

Someone couldn't use mommys credit card....

Posted: Apr 24th 2010 8:04PM (Unverified) said

Have to agree with you mate. When I heard that they were selling minipets I thought, come on blizzard.. Now they release this and charge £17 for it? Seems more like a late April Fools. Sad that people are so obsessed with the game that they're willing to pay such a large amount for something so useless. A few months ago with the mentality I had back when I was addicted I probably would have been among the many people that baught it too. The game has turned into the Guitar Hero/Tony Hawk of MMO's. Glad I got out of there sooner than later, I tell you that much.

Posted: Apr 25th 2010 2:13PM karnisov said

i have to agree with you, the greedy hand of activision on the steering wheel is starting to show.

just say no to corporate greed.

Posted: Apr 24th 2010 3:11PM Its Utakata stupid said

The thing about Sparkle Ponies is not to talk about Sparkle Ponies.

Posted: Apr 24th 2010 3:20PM (Unverified) said

you really are fools if you don't think this is a gateway for MMO's with monthly fees, buying items, levels, dungeon access and anything to everything. Always so trusting that a company based around making money wont do what they think will make them the most money.

There not going to look after your interests but if everyone's so willing to spend 25 dollars for a mount why not for the new patch? Access to better loot from a Raid? its all relative.

@SgtBaker You bought the mount didnt you ;P

Posted: Apr 24th 2010 4:09PM dudemanjac said

Where you're wrong is calling this the "gateway." It's been going on for a while. Maybe you missed all the hubbub over cryptic games around here over the past year. On top of that, Blizzard and NCsoft have been charging for extra stuff for years. The ship has already sailed, but at the end of the day it has no really affect. It doesn't knock balance out of whack. And there will always be ppl who want to spend extra money. To call everyone with disposable income fools is a bit out of line.

Posted: Apr 24th 2010 4:51PM SgtBaker said

• 1 heart
@elspath I play EVE, so I'm far superior compared to lesser MMO players like yourself.

Also, never post again, you're terrible at it

Posted: Apr 24th 2010 5:15PM DrewIW said

@SgtBaker

Welp.

You're my new favourite person on this site.

Posted: Apr 25th 2010 6:38AM HackJack said

I completely agree with everything elspath said. And also feel sorry for the others who are too blind to see what's in front of 'em.

Posted: Apr 25th 2010 6:49PM karnisov said

its the beginning of a trend of over monetizing the games we love. wake up people. other companies are watching and they will start copycatting.

Posted: Apr 24th 2010 3:29PM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
So much QQ and FUD over such a non-issue. I got it for my wife, she loves it, has it on every alt 20 + she has active.

You already pay for premium content. Its called expansion packs. This is fluff, nothing more.

Posted: Apr 25th 2010 6:10AM sandwiches said

You spent nearly the cost of a full expansion on ONE mount. Totally worth it.

Posted: Apr 24th 2010 5:51PM TheJackman said

OMG someone did buy the mount... hold on there is a other one and one more....??!! Wow there are 10 more.... omg 20 people with that retarded horse...

Lol you just got owned spending 25 bucks on a horse everyone got...!

Posted: Apr 24th 2010 6:26PM (Unverified) said

I believe that it really does depend. Shoot me, moan at me, QQ all you want but I bought the mount. Not to be unique, not to gain a competitive edge but simply due to the trivial shallow point that I like the mount. Simple as that. Do I value it at £17? Not particularly but to be honest there will always, always across every single game out there be people like you claiming that the price should be lowered.

Stop and think for a second. How is the mount affecting you? How is me, or anyone else buying this mount affecting you? It's not. In the least, so the question is why are you willing to crucify everyone who does? Here's the world: nothing is bought at the price that it is truly worth, not even fair trade goods. Businesses exist to maximise profit and you seem to be annoyed because it's working, sorry but there's nothing I can do about it.

I for one enjoy my new mount for numerous reasons, primarily of which is that I think it looks pretty awesome. The fact that millions of players have the same mount doesn't make it look any less awesome to me. Pretty much every player has a bronze drake and people still fly it without complaints. Most of the time it boils down to either jealousy because you don't have it, or just sadism and quite frankly it's scary how many people fit the latter.

Posted: Apr 24th 2010 9:23PM Eamil said

"Lol you just got owned spending 25 bucks on a horse everyone got...!"

I've never understood the mentality that something has to be rare in order to be desirable in any way.

Seriously, by this logic, Arthas could drop a giant turd with legs as a mount and it would be the most desirable mount in the game, and if Invincible were bought off a vendor it would be a terrible mount. Is it so very outlandish to think that someone bought a mount because THEY think it looks cool, regardless of whether everyone else has one or not?

Posted: Apr 24th 2010 7:38PM Cristiano Cenizo said

Unsurprising amount of nerd rage in these comments.

Posted: Apr 24th 2010 6:39PM TheJackman said

Yep thanks to the horse the gear ratings and cheesement is a thing of the pass you can easy pick out the players now that are pro and the ones with a ton of money that want everything handed to them. In short enjoy the mount but stay out of my raids and runs :D

Betawatch: August 23 - 29, 2014