Posted: Apr 22nd 2010 11:52PM (Unverified) said

"The patch, scheduled for next week,..." The patch was this morning.

"...a new Collectible Card System..." Card collection already existed. Chapter 3 added a little stat bonus to each card, so that players with sizable collections get a meaningful benefit for it. It's a nice goal to strive for over the long run.

Posted: Apr 23rd 2010 1:32AM whateveryousay said

Well if you follow the link posted in the article to the RoM official site, you'll see that it's actually Frogster that said the patch is next week and also calling it a "new collectible card system". Can't really blame Massively for this one, but thanks for clearing some of that up for us Jaam.

Posted: Apr 23rd 2010 2:21AM (Unverified) said

It took me a while to grasp that the source material linked to (on RoM's main page) is actually a copy of what was posted by the staff last week in the Announcement forums.

I knew I'd seen it somewhere earlier! Silly Frogster.

Posted: Apr 23rd 2010 3:50PM Evy said

So I'm finally giving RoM a chance since I've got some free time this weekend... does this game ever finish patching?! Good grief, this is taking forever! The loading screen doesn't give me a lot of info, either. I -think- the download bar refers to an individual file, and the update bar refers to the entire update/patch/whatever you want to call it. Is that right?

Posted: Apr 23rd 2010 11:00PM (Unverified) said

Yes, that's right. The base client download does get brought up to date from time to time, though it looks like it's been 2-3 months since that was done. You'll have about 1GB worth of patches to work through, 80% of which is the Chapter 3 update. Other than that, individual minor updates average perhaps once per week, and only take a couple minutes.

Posted: Apr 24th 2010 12:05AM Evy said

Thank you for the response, Jaam. I finally got the game patched, but I'm too tired to check it out at this point. I wish they gave you more feedback when you are patching. I did finally figure out that the version is in the lower right-hand corner, but it's not immediately obvious.

Global Chat: Blaugust triumphant