Posted: Apr 22nd 2010 12:45PM Anatidae said

Is Darkfall still the type of game when you get this mount that you'll be ganked nearly instantly and have it stolen? That or you keep it stabled all the time and only ride it around in the somewhat safety of your guild town least someone kills you?

I haven't followed much of Darkfall since I read stories of players who went out in the world pretty much naked because they didn't want to loose their good gear. I had to facepalm a game that encourages you to not wear armor instead of wearing it.

I do applaud the attempt at a high-risk sandbox world. I think if developers can design a playable system to enforce "justice" the genera would appeal to a wider audience. Something to emulate more real societies where player created laws could actually be enforced.

Posted: Apr 22nd 2010 12:59PM (Unverified) said

1- It's hard to kill someone fleeing on a mount, you have to ambush him or be really good with a bow.
2- They only cost like 750 gold, there's nothing epic about a mount.

Full loot PvP in this game is offset by the fact that equipment does not cost much. Sure if you run around alone in costly gear you will get ganked a lot more, but it's a group MMO, not a solo one. Plus, don't forget that if you kill instead of die, you get all THEIR gear.

Darkfall has problems but gear grind is definately not one of them. Ask any vet in your clan and they'll throw you bags full of full gear kits.

Posted: Apr 22nd 2010 1:59PM Anatidae said

I like to hear that about gear. I do think that sandbox MMOs do need gear to be about as disposable as our own clothes in real life are.

Maybe not loosing your gear constantly in battle, but I am very pro for gear wear/tear and eventual breakage. If the game has crafting, it keeps a constant demand for supply in action.

Posted: Apr 23rd 2010 6:19PM (Unverified) said

I'd have to agree with Bacon - at first, having your gear taken is a huge pain, but you'll soon learn that gear is disposable.You'll also quickly learn to be smart about what you take out with you - leave most everything in the bank except for exactly what you need for what you'll be doing.

Posted: Apr 22nd 2010 5:06PM (Unverified) said

Is that a Daggit?

Posted: Apr 22nd 2010 6:28PM (Unverified) said

lmao @ daggit
as a current EVE subscriber i have no qualms about hardcore pvp so i may give this a shot.