Posted: Apr 21st 2010 12:19PM arodriguezc said

I like WAR, it has been my part time MMO for the last few months when I decided to resub, I just love the PVP (the problem is that I suck at it but still have plenty of fun). I got hit 10 times with the billing issue and hope is the last time this ever happens. I think I am going to continue playing WAR.

Posted: Apr 21st 2010 12:30PM Birk said

Ultimately, I think this was a good move by WAR. The question is whether or not it is too little too late. In-game perks are a start, but the reality is that many people are embittered by the financial repercussions that this catastrophe had on them over the past few weeks, whether it was accounts frozen or funds unavailable.

Really, you cannot expect to screw with your customers bank accounts and not get some scathing bad press.

Now, if all of the account injustices really are resolved, then I suppose one will have to make the individual decision whether or not to trust them with their credit cards again. I would say that subscribers ought to be credited with a free month of gameplay, but sadly Im not sure if WAR turns enough profit as it is to provide such an apology.

Posted: Apr 21st 2010 12:45PM arodriguezc said

I think they are solving it by working with the banks and if the bank will not cancel the overdraft fee EA is going to pay it. I think that is a good solution, now if we talk about a free month sub, I do not think that is going to happen. They are on the right track.

Posted: Apr 21st 2010 12:31PM Teki said

I enjoy War as well. Wish I had the time to play more though as I am a on and off again subscriber. When I do resub however, I will be using gametime cards from now on, and probably will be using them for other games that offer them.

Posted: Apr 21st 2010 12:59PM MrDiamondJ said

I would think a few month (or two) of game time would be warranted as well. As far as I'm concerned, the amount of free game time should equal the amount of overdraft fees you received, but I doubt that would jive with Mythic's bottom line. :-P

Posted: Apr 21st 2010 12:46PM (Unverified) said

Bittersweet a bit; but nice move, anyway

Posted: Apr 21st 2010 12:56PM (Unverified) said

I think this is a GREAT Apology overall and never expected to get free mounts / unlimited black dyes. This is not the first MMORPG where I have been double/triple billed (First MMORPG billed 19 times lolz) but I never got jack shit when triple billed from W.o.W/EQ2 but they didn't triple bill people on a mass scale. When I was billed like this from other MMOs I even had to fight to get my $$$ back from my bank.

Neways the only other option was to give free playtime and for a small scale MMORPG that really isn't an option.

Posted: Apr 21st 2010 1:03PM karnisov said

i think giving players a free month would have been more appropriate because this problem did suck up a player's RL time and RL money. in game items and exp boost is pretty cheesy because the company isn't making any real sacrifice.

Posted: Apr 21st 2010 2:06PM Xsorus said

They're giving a free level to all future characters, thats pretty nice..

not to mention either dyes or a mount (depending if you have one)

oh and the xp bonus is sweet..

Posted: Apr 21st 2010 2:10PM (Unverified) said

I like the apology and the rewards. Good job!

Posted: Apr 21st 2010 2:18PM (Unverified) said

When I saw the actual stuff that they are giving away, it really makes me believe they are really trying to make it up to the players, and I think the people behind WAR do really care about their playerbase.

Posted: Apr 21st 2010 3:25PM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
Gee, a 100% XP bonus... I'm sure that will make everything all-better with the users who couldn't pay their bills during the whole thing. Seems to me a better idea would have been a couple months (or year for some of the more extreme cases) pre-paid. Regardless, there's not a whole lot you can do once you've fubar'd this bad.

Posted: Apr 21st 2010 3:56PM Deadalon said

There are still alot of ppl that have not got fully refunded. Mythic is closing all posts on their forums where ppl even go as far as show Bank statements of uncorrected billing issues. Many of these have gotten about 40-60% of their money refunded - the rest is not payed back.

Posted: Apr 22nd 2010 2:27AM (Unverified) said

Posts being closed are because they are not being truthful and just downright trolling.

Posted: Apr 21st 2010 6:20PM Xtofer said

Just be thankful they're doing anything. They could have just "resolved" the issue without giving you anything in return. You're only entitled to compensation for the money you've lost and nothing more. This shows that they care about their player-base and are willing to give some incentive to keep playing.

Know that there is no sure-fire solution to the problem that will make everybody happy. You've got to just accept that they can't change the past and move forward, reap the bonus in-game perks, and hope nobody makes this same mistake twice.

Posted: Apr 21st 2010 6:29PM (Unverified) said

I really took a liking to WAR when I tried it out, and subbed, but I get charged even after I cancelled...that's just bad business. They should forget my cc info when I cancel, or at least have the sense not to charge it. I found more fun since then with AoC and Fallen Earth, so fuck WAR.

Posted: Apr 21st 2010 7:14PM (Unverified) said

"Community Team Edit - Clarified that only players effected by the billing error would receive token rewards. "

Yea so....we are sorry to make the rest of you paranoid....and suck it up.

Posted: Apr 21st 2010 11:26PM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
I'm surprised Mythic hasn't been closed down yet. Let's face it WAR was pretty much a large dissapointment, was never the WOW killer everyone expected (and wanted) and the gameplay itself is rather staid. This was a huge screw up. People get annoyed/angry/paranoid when you start messing with their credit cards/bank accounts. In reality they should have just offered free playtime to pacify the angry people. As it is I for one do not plan on trusting Mythic again and would look at SWTOR with a wary eye.

Posted: Apr 22nd 2010 12:22PM arodriguezc said

I was affected, I was playing last night on my T2 char and checked my mailbox and I got nothing. Guess they have not send anything out yet. Has anyone received this items?