Posted: Apr 21st 2010 9:57AM Lethality said

• Half a heart
I'm quite certain I make more in a month than you do in a year.

Secondly, WoW has not lost anything in droves, and as sated, will reel EVERYONE, including this fucktard Muqq right back in when Cataclysm ships.

Posted: Apr 21st 2010 11:56AM Its Utakata stupid said

Rznkain, you should also site your sources before making such a claim. Such as, I like to see where you're pulling the "WoW has been losing customers by the droves lately" figure from.

Posted: Apr 21st 2010 9:21AM SkyStreak said

DDO was in fine shape before. As a matter of fact, it was Cryptic/Atari that was at the most risk of losing the D&D videogame license due to Atari's cooperation with one of Hasbro's chief competitors (Bandai).

The question is whether Hasbro's license to create toys for the Marvel line will have any effect on the D&D license staying with a company that is being bought by the company that also owns DC comics (Warner).

Due to the fact that Sony is publishing DCUO, I doubt this will be a problem....

..but you never know.

Posted: Apr 21st 2010 9:36AM (Unverified) said

All this marketspeak just means this: "We want Turbine to lay as many golden eggs (MMOs) as possible before the goose dies."

If they do change anything about existing Turbine properties, the changes will be minor, at best, since the properties are already profitable.

Posted: Apr 21st 2010 10:24AM (Unverified) said

I have been a Turbine fan since AC. They tend to make good games and usually right the ship when problems do arise. I want to believe that guys from AOL won't be in the mix and they let the creativity continue example AdultSwim. However in my experience with many a buy out the adage of "let Bubba be Bubba" or a laissez-faire-esk state don't tend to stick. Somewhere along the way they will stick their hands into a fairly successful company to extract more profits all the while using terms like synergy and likely do more harm than good. Only time will tell though.

Posted: Apr 23rd 2010 5:16PM Budukahn said

Warner Brother's past history with The Matrix Online does not bode well in my opinion. It was buggy, unfinished and unfortunately, just not appealing to play unlike the at the time ascending Warcraft. That they were so quick to release, then drop the product onto another company makes me worry about the future of Lotro which I do play.

If the game becomes unprofitable, or simply not profitable enough I would be concerned that they would simply shut it down, rather than make any effort to turn the game around. I guess all we can do is hope, and avoid getting locked down in lengthy subscription plans until we know what WB intends to do with their new purchase.

Posted: Apr 28th 2010 8:06PM (Unverified) said

I would hope that the acquisition of Turbine by the big bad corporate (WB) will actually result in some significant improvements. Sure, WB are going to look at the profitability of the games currently on the table, but let's not kid ourselves boys and girls, Turbine are in it for the money as much as the next company. WB will be looking to keep the business profitable, across all it's titles just like Turbine would be looking to do so anyway. The only difference is that you might see more marketing, an increase in content potentially for some of the more successful titles, and certainly a slew of new titles from WB/Turbine after a couple of years, when WB realise what a gold mine they've acquired (potentially). If they screw it up, then the best people from turbine will just go elsewhere, as with any other company.

The Game Archaeologist: Kingdom of Drakkar