Posted: Apr 19th 2010 2:03PM (Unverified) said

I'm probably getting the details a bit wrong but iirc you should get the quest to go to Sanctum the moment you turn level 9. From there you should drop everything and head directly to sanctum and get your wings. Doing so nets you one level with just that quest. Go from 9 to 10 immediately doing what you would do anyway.

Posted: Apr 19th 2010 5:51PM (Unverified) said

It isn't "back hair", it is a mane. ;P Asmodians also have claws, nicer looking armor*, and a more sensibly laid out capital city (no dumb boat to the outer docks, no running half way across the city between the crafting stations and broker).

A bit of digging on YouTube the other day turned up a Korean language iPhone app (PowerWiki / Broker) and marriages (?!?!?!) with honeymoons in the opposing side's zones!!! Any word on when these things might be coming to the West and just why/what the marriage thing is all about? Weird.

*actually both sides have some very nice armor designs

Posted: Apr 19th 2010 6:00PM Jef Reahard said

Not sure about the marriage thing, I'll check with my secret sources. Regarding the iPhone app, I wouldn't hold your breath. I asked the NCSoft folks about that way back in the first column and they said there are no plans to translate/Westernize it. Too bad because it does look robust.

Posted: Apr 19th 2010 9:46PM (Unverified) said

Bonus tip: Once you complete the Ascension quest, you get your wings, and you will soon find a zone that lets you fly.

Running out of flight time is pretty lethal. Don't do that.

I racked up a lot of soul-heal time from gathering Aether and running out of flight time before getting back to the ground. Try to avoid repeating my mistakes.

-SirNiko

Posted: Apr 19th 2010 10:39PM (Unverified) said

If you already mentioned it, forget I said anything - but another quest you'll find is a drop (and Axe handle) from one of the Brownbristle Brax you'll be fighting at the lake. It'll start you one The Lost Axe - and send you to, guess who, Namus. A good quest to look out for if only because of the fact you'll be visiting the guy more then once.