Posted: Apr 19th 2010 11:22PM CalebG said

I just gave it a shot, I thought it was okay, definitely not one of the best China MMO's (Not Korean) I've seen, but seriously.

I mean seriously?

Really?

Bashing on a font?

Really?

Since you all most certainly played the game, I'm quite surprised there is something so painfully obvious that should be mentioned but isn't. And I am only 5 minutes into the game.

The way they render everything, it does have a very EQ2-ish feel, maybe even a little Vanguard.

But back to the main topic.

Really? Fonts?

Posted: Apr 20th 2010 12:18AM (Unverified) said

yes sir you heard right! Fonts. Why? Because it's the same tiny, annoying, hard to read font that so many asian f2p cookie cutter mmos use.

Yep...fonts

Really?!? Yes, fonts.

Posted: Apr 20th 2010 2:02PM VioletArrows said

Fonts and text really are important to games considering most of the interaction you'll be doing with the game and other people has to be clear, legible, and large enough or adjustable so everyone can read it. *A lot* of games I have trouble with because they smash the font into 8-10pt (what the hell), use ~*FANCY*~ weird business no one can read (hey there WoW mail font...), something that doesn't scale well (yay, blurry crap!), or a combination of those three.

Imagine how irritating a game would be if the main font was gigantic, bright orange, and that highly stylized fake Japanese font. Even if it was the best game ever, no one would play it, or it would be quickly modified to get rid of it.

Comic Sans and Papyrus are serious business. XP

Posted: May 14th 2010 4:58PM (Unverified) said

maybe your screens are to small lol my problem with the fonts is they turn white with all names HP MP and map icons evan cast times sigh

Posted: Apr 22nd 2010 8:29PM (Unverified) said

I'm totally with you on the fonts. I'm so damn sick of F2P fonts. Are we running out of letters? Is that all there is left?!

Posted: Apr 27th 2010 12:47AM Enikuo said

I just downloaded this and started playing it today. It's really fun and sort of addictive, despite that hideous Courier typeface that never seems to fully fade into the background.

So far, I've discovered a few neat things about the game. You can make bags for your characters through one of the professions - I expected bags to be locked away in their cash shop. The soul stones that you need to turn your gear into stats for your character actually come from in-game quests and in-game monster drops, not the cash shop. You can work on professions (crafting) while traveling, which I thought was pretty cool. And, teleportation costs are surprisingly reasonable.

I've only played for a few hours, up to the level 10. But, my first impression is that it doesn't feel like most other F2P games, especially given the pretty graphics and those items I expected to be cash shop only items, which turned out to be in-game items.

The Daily Grind: Which MMO has the best economy?

Posted on Apr 18th 2014 8:00AM