Posted: Apr 18th 2010 11:45AM (Unverified) said

Since I'm not a care bear miner, I couldn't care less about this expansion. The social network looks interesting, either than that it's business as usual.

In case someone working for CCP happens to read this, could you please maybe develop some faction battle cruisers, and while at it make it so Caldari doesn't suck so much?

This EVE player thanks you :)

Posted: Apr 18th 2010 12:34PM Valdur said

I'm always amazed by CCP because they are the only game developer who really expands their world in the right direction.A lot of game developer/publisher should learn from them.

Ok! bring us WoD :p

Posted: Apr 18th 2010 12:56PM SgtBaker said

• 1 heart
Totally undewhelmed by the stuff released so far. The planetary interaction doesn't seem to be much else than a POS reactionchain mini-game on planet surface.. and all it produces is.. goddamn nano paste :-(

There's also no way to attack and destroy these installations, which means, once you get one going - you're safe to leave it there.. very unlike EVE and a good example why the CSM - who are primarily Empire carebears - influence the game/devs the wrong way.

Also, they still haven't fixed the server lag/node deaths introduced by the last expansion so not really looking towards May 18th..

Posted: Apr 18th 2010 1:12PM EdmundDante said

No specific details on what will be built on planet have been released. On the test server it's "nano paste" but CCP said in advance they planned on keeping the
actual products a secret until release (probably not to get too much market
speculation going on.)

They also stated in advance there would be no planetary combat - well because
you have DUST 514 - which is probably going to blow the roof off of combat
planetside.

And they've assigned a separate team and have been working diligently on fixing
the lag issues since Dominion release. Have had multiple mass testing days on
singularity and have built some sophisticated automated testing code for client
population.

I dunno but I'm happy with the direction CCP is going. Sure I would like it all to
be finished tomorrow but meanwhile, I have plenty to do in the Eve universe
right now.

Posted: Apr 18th 2010 1:18PM ScottishViking said

"...very unlike EVE and a good example why the CSM - who are primarily Empire carebears - influence the game/devs the wrong way."

"Unlike EVE"? I don't follow. Your post summed up: "they have developed a part of EVE which is practiced by the majority of EVE players and which I don't like, and I therefore declare this part of the game 'not EVE', because I do not like it."

The majority of the CSM are not Empire carebears. More than half are active PVPers. Do your research. And as Jamenta said, they are fully aware of the lag problem, and are actively addressing it.

Posted: Apr 18th 2010 1:18PM SgtBaker said

I believe they've said the planetary goods are supposed to replace the stuff that is manufactured by NPC's now.

...allow me to insert my hoorays here..

Posted: Apr 18th 2010 1:46PM SgtBaker said

• 1 heart
I don't mean the current CSM's - I mean the previous versions. People like LaVista Vista and other embarrassing EVE "front-figures".

You should be able to destroy the structures from orbit. You should have to be forced to defend your nanopaste chains. There should be conflict. I can't see any of it here - it's a pure carebear expansion.

And would you say five months of the lag problem and node deaths is being fully aware and actively addressing it? Maybe it is, and luckily this time they're releasing a completely bug free expansion, so there's no way the situation and node load is going to get worse. It's all under control, right? So let's keep pumping those expansions...

Also - to whoever said DUST is going to allow combat - I know that, and the release date is.. when? Just like Incarna, I doubt it's going to release any time soon.

Posted: Apr 18th 2010 4:01PM Dblade said

Sgt. it depends what they are making. If it's ultimately things like skillbooks or trade goods, being able to destroy them would wage economic warfare on all players regardless of who owns the plants. But even then its impossible for a small corp to defend a planet or any space outside of wormholes: making them destructible by bombardment is asking for people not to use it.

The 0.0 thing-to be honest carebears pay the bills. I don't think CCP as successfully managed to get more people into 0.0 and wont because it demands a certain type of player: organized, in large corps/alliances, and very team-oriented. The smaller corps and solo players will always stay in empire or wormholes, with some nibbling at the edges of lowsec.

This is good because it retains those players.

Posted: Apr 18th 2010 1:05PM EdmundDante said

Looking forward to this expansion. Given the rework of nul-sec space and sovereignty, and also some cap ship upgrades - it's good to see CCP swing
back toward the "industry" part of the game.

I like the horizontal "sand-box" approach they are taking to Eve. Creating an
alternate reality/universe where one can feel a sense of freedom in play, and
not be stuck in a linear storyline that ends once you reach level 100.

Posted: Apr 18th 2010 4:01PM (Unverified) said

I think we have to be fair when criticizing a MMO. EVE has in fact added great content over the years and done its best to keep the game fresh. As for the lag problem, they are noticeable taking care of it.

I just think there are other areas that need work.

Exploration sites are outdated and some are plain and simply a waste of time. Hacking sites anyone? Would be nice to see these updated.

Posted: Apr 19th 2010 12:47AM Lateris said

For me I think this expansion goes in the right direction for the game. But in the future I would like to see Avatars in Eve Online on the ground that does not require me to play Dust 514.

Posted: Apr 19th 2010 3:35AM (Unverified) said

I´d like to see a guide on boosters. How they are made, transported for sale, how to use them.