Posted: Apr 17th 2010 8:16PM DevilSei said

I'm actually trying RoM again to see how things are...

problem is, unresolved patcher issues is making it impossible for me to play. The issue has been around since January and nothing has been done to correct it. I'm currently re-downloading the game (since I accidentally deleted the installer last night), takes forever once you hit the last gig or so. Hoping to god it resolves itself then, otherwise I'm just gonna say screw you RoM and not bother with the game.

Worst thing is, they gave a guy a sticky cookie because he said "make sure the game is in program files", how's that for technical help?

Posted: Apr 18th 2010 12:05AM Valentina said

I'm loving Runes of Magic, and I've never been a fan of F2P games.

Posted: Apr 18th 2010 7:45AM Minofan said

I never got into Runes of Magic - and did experience technical issues also - but this does sound helpful and I'm a sucker for card collecting... might give it another go.

Posted: Apr 18th 2010 2:24PM jpo said

When the patcher started running slowing for me, I jsut closed it and restarted it again. It seemed to run fast again for a while....then would slow down and I would restart again.

Kind of a pain, I know....but it went much quicker that way...for me at least.

Posted: Apr 18th 2010 3:44PM Pingles said

I had an account in RoM and then one day I couldn't log in. When I got tech help they said my account never existed. :) I even forwarded them the game newsletters that keep coming to my email but they have no record of my account.

So I created a new account with another e-mail (I'm REALLY trying to like this game) but each time I log on it's a thrill to see if my account is still there. So far, so good. I'm 17 now (was 16 on prior account that never existed).

Fun, but still hasn't completely grabbed me, yet.

Posted: Apr 18th 2010 9:55PM (Unverified) said

I have been playing for about 3 months. I gave up on wow after 3 years. Is it wow? no As a free to play game i had my doubts. I had the patcher get stuck in an infinite loop, manual patching FTW. That has been my only bad gripe. I stepped out side of my comfort zone and rolled a Knight/Priest, which BTW is the hardest to level. I have actually enjoyed it. I'm not racing to endgame, I'm currently 40/38 and having a good time. You have your spammers and immature people, but i find less of them are around once you hit the lvl 20 zones. The community is awesome, how can you not be awesome with a name like Princesspeanut! Anyway if you can get past the download I think you will be pleasantly supprized.

Pro Tip: start the patcher when you go to bed :)