Posted: Apr 16th 2010 5:15PM swarmofcats said

As much as I love everything they are adding in the game, I really wish they wouldn't be adding new character levels. It just creates a bigger divide between new/casual players and those that have been playing the longest. The barrier to entry gets worse the longer you make the path of advancement.

Adding new zones/quests could have been a good opportunity to solve the whole "you must grind S1 in order to be effective" problem, too. Impose an AP limit without adding new character levels, and you allow people to cap out from the new zones without doing all of sector 1.

Everything else looks great, though. There are just a few things like the above that prevent me from getting fully invested in the game.

Posted: Apr 16th 2010 10:10PM Cendres said

He he the Duke Nukem link was a nice touch :P

I may have to relog into this game and do some wastelanding , looking forwards to pets!

Posted: Apr 16th 2010 10:29PM (Unverified) said

This game is so easy to enjoy and the team at Icarus Studios keep giving me more reasons to play the game. Love it.

Posted: Apr 17th 2010 3:12AM JoeH42 said

Sounds like they are really working hard on this patch and putting in a lot of improvements and new content. A lot of games add so little in patches :-/ Only thing in this report that sounds worrisome to me is the clan warfare. I'm not sure I'd like to have to be constantly on guard while doing quests and I'd hate to have to leave a clan for a while because they were at war with a larger or more powerful clan just to avoid constantly getting killed. So...maybe a few options or controls on it would be a good idea.
Btw, the only reason I was even aware of FE was because of the CMA column and I'm glad I found out about it. Having a blast with the game and in a few conversations have given full credit to Shawn/CMA/Massively.com for FE having me as a paying customer and big fan.

Posted: Apr 17th 2010 4:51PM Aika Tears said

No worries on clan wars you be able to make war party of only those that will pvp in the war keeping those that dont in the can to do what they want.

The Stream Team: Adios, Elite: Dangerous