Posted: Apr 16th 2010 10:36AM Rollins said

The longer they go without relaunching it, the more I worry that they're ruining the game.

Also, have they actually shown anything that wasn't in the Flagship beta?

Posted: Apr 16th 2010 11:12AM Barinthos said

The longer they wait to release this the closer they'll get to having to compete head on with Diablo 3. And I don't know about anyone else, but I don't plan on giving this game a second though when Diablo 3 comes out.

Posted: Apr 16th 2010 3:26PM Scuffles said

was in the original beta for mythos so I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that they don't totally break the game. I also have to agree once D3 comes out ..... unless blizzard appends some horrible DRM (in which case I'll steer clear of it), I think they are rather between a rock and a hard place and times a tickin'.

They launch before D3 they will lose a good potion of their player base when D3 comes out

They launch after D3 ....... they won't even see that playerbase ..... let alone the people who might have stuck around after the D3 launch who aren't even going to give the game a once-over.

Posted: Apr 16th 2010 3:31PM Barinthos said

It sucks but that's pretty much true. I played Mythos back during beta a while back as well and really enjoyed it. The locations, classes and characters were all great. So I really hope this game comes out soon and is very well polished to help it stand out from the other "diablo clones".

Posted: Apr 16th 2010 11:25AM (Unverified) said

isnt diablo3 and online rpg tho!?! this ganna be a MMORPG.. big diffrents

Posted: Apr 16th 2010 11:49AM Barinthos said

Mythos and Diablo 3 share the same game play mechanics. It doesn't matter whether one is an MMO or not.

Posted: Apr 16th 2010 1:00PM fatpanda said

most MMO's and RPG's share the same game play mechanics but they are two different beasts for sure. Maybe it doesn't matter whether one is an MMO or not but it probably does to most people...

Posted: Apr 16th 2010 1:25PM Barinthos said

The point is, Diablo 3 is a massive title that has been on every dungeon crawlers list for years, Mythos? Not so much so.

What I'm saying, which seems to be lost on everyone for some freak reason, is that Mythos going up against a colossus like Diablo 3 isn't a smart move, regardless of whether one is an MMO or not.

Just like other game companies not releasing completely different genre of games the same time as other AAA titles. It's just smart business practice. Reduce the competition to maximize profits.

Posted: Apr 16th 2010 2:57PM (Unverified) said

Mythos (at least back when I was playing it) was a non-instanced open world. When you leave town, you're sharing the same environment as everyone else.

Diablo 3 will likely have the same lobby system as Diablo 2 where you never rub elbows with other players unless you're grouping with them.

In that sense Mythos and Diablo 3 are very different games.

Posted: Apr 16th 2010 3:35PM Sorithal said

Now if only they'd put it in beta already : | Sign-ups have been out for ages. Wondering if they'll even have it out by this summer.