Posted: Apr 16th 2010 5:16PM DevilSei said

So their idea to fix the flawed avatar clothing system is to make a bunch of week-only temp crap...? No thanks.

Posted: Apr 17th 2010 3:03AM mightfo said

$5 to look how you want per month is a fair price especially
considering the game has no monthly fee or CD cost, and it lets you
use phased out avatar items. Cry some more.

Posted: Apr 17th 2010 5:47PM DevilSei said

5$ a month for a single item I believe, per character. if you wanted a full set you'd then have to pay 15-20$ a month then, equating it to that of a P2P mmo (possibly more). That price would be higher if you're a bit of an altoholic and want something besides the normal look.

Like I said, flawed. Game isn't worth 15 a month, or even 10 to me. I wouldn't mind having to pay 3k points instead of the 2.5k for the tokens, if it allowed me to choose the item permanently.

Posted: Apr 23rd 2010 8:21PM mightfo said

Good job at not being able to read it at all! It's about $5 for 5 items, .75-1.25 per item. If you have 3 characters, that's $15 a month to look basically exactly how you want. Quite fair. One could also save over time if they got the 3 month versions.

"As for the phased out avatar clothing, that's also a flawed system to me, and not quite fair to those who join the game later."
Considering the item tokens give random stuff, clothes are phased out so that the pool of stuff stays the same size, so it's not absurdly random. Additionally, uhhh, being able to cheaply rent the exact phased out stuff you want is perfect for people who join the game later.

Good job showing you don't know anything about how any of this works.

This game is much more fun than most MMOs, so it is definitely worth 5-20 a month for me.

Posted: Apr 23rd 2010 8:51PM DevilSei said

They also are doing a sale for the items, that won't last forever. We won't know the true price for them UNTIL it ends. For all you know that beloved 15 could double. And no, being forced to rent out an item while others don't have to isn't exactly perfect for people who join later.

Other F2P games are more than perfectly able to keep various avatar items in their shops, no matter how old the game is, so what makes this so different? Like I said, I'd gladly accept a small increase to the price of avatar tokens to let me choose what clothing item I want.

Besides, for $15 a month (and for your information most MMOs get cheaper with the long-term plans too), I could play any P2P game I want, and play as many characters as I want as well. The amount of customization for most puts down DFO (since, once again, I dont need to pay to look different). Or, with that same money, I could spend it on my 360 for Gold, and play any game online.

Good job for you though, for finding a game you like, sorry if I'm not the type willing to pay out the ass for a bit of diversity... =P

Posted: Apr 17th 2010 3:01AM mightfo said

This really has been a great game ever since the big exp requirement cut in december. It only feels grindy at about level 36, but by then you have a huge amount of skills and it is as fun as endgame in other games.

The avatar system is pretty fine. I've been spending about $5-10 a month on random items, which I feel is fair since I've had more fun on this game than basically any other MMOs. The temporary thing will make it to where I can look how I want(and with items no longer on the current list, yay) for a month for about $5, or 3 months for like $12. Though, these are temporary discounted prices. Hopefully it's not too big of a discount...

Anyway, the randomized part of avatar stuff is kind of lame, but whatever. The game is incredibly enjoyable without spending any money, and to look cool/have some bonus stats takes less than a monthly fee..let alone retail box costs.

Posted: Apr 19th 2010 3:30AM (Unverified) said

I've spent about 100 bucks on the gumball machine avatars for my 4 characters and I don't regret a penny spent. After playing WoW for 5+ Years, and basically trying every single new mmo out there and having them fail miserably at holding my interest I have had the most fun playing this game than I have in the last 3 years. I'm a huge gamer and usually use interest VERY fast and any game that holds my interest for more than a week is a success in my book. The graphics may be SUPER old, it may be a free mmo, you might think it couldn't be that cool (heck I did) but TRUST ME, this game is FULL of pure win!

Why I Play: ArcheAge