Posted: Apr 16th 2010 7:52PM CCon99 said

All I can say is, don't support the nickel & diming store. If people stop supporting it, they'll stop charging you for stuff that was already going to be developed for you anyway. They're already having this sale after selling the same items previously to others for a higher price, if you support the store you're just going to see them give away what you purchased to someone else later for either cheaper or even as freebies to entice them to buy their dying game.

Despite the terrible shape their game is in, 90% of their listed development calendar is all cash shop developed stuff. That's where their current priorities are set.

Posted: Apr 16th 2010 8:26PM Firebreak said

It is too late man, the 25 dollar, 3 hour queue, sold out horse is like two articles down.

Posted: Apr 17th 2010 6:15PM Tovrin said

Exactly! How can people complain about Cryptic when Blizzard, Sony and a bunch of other companies have been doing microtransactions that directly affect the game for years. They have provided character transfers, renaming, cosmetic changes for a lot longer. Cryptic's only REAL sin was making it more obvious by CALLING it a store.

But then again ... if Blizzard do it, it MUST be ok.

Posted: Apr 17th 2010 8:23PM Anatidae said

@lichband That said, Blizzard provides far more content for free than Cryptic has yet to demonstrate. So yes, they sell a horse and makes a ton, but their in-game content also dwarfs what Champions and Star Trek Online have combined. I would even say that was the case on the launch of WoW.

I feel as though Cryptic could do better by getting more of their core content fleshed out before focusing so much on their store.

Posted: Apr 16th 2010 8:24PM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
I'm glad I don't pay a sub for this game, as it looks like its covering the cost of making this crap.

Posted: Apr 16th 2010 8:40PM (Unverified) said

My money speaks more than forum trolls can ever say. New costume for my champion, new ship for my captain. Wee!

Posted: Apr 16th 2010 10:48PM Alarie said

I love it! Great comment.

Posted: Apr 17th 2010 2:51AM (Unverified) said

"My money speaks"

Yes it does. Unfortunately, you misunderstood what it was saying.

Posted: Apr 17th 2010 6:17PM Tovrin said

Troll more Hippie. Go poke Blizzard and their $25 dollar horse. Or is Blizzard too hard a target for you .... their fans just a bit too rabid for you?

Posted: Apr 16th 2010 9:51PM Blue Meanie said

As soon as they made it that you HAVE to purchase additional character slots in order to sample all the classes/factions in the game, despite the overall lack of content anyway, they went back on their 'nothing that can't be earned in game' bollocks about microtransactions.

Posted: Apr 16th 2010 11:03PM (Unverified) said

I like both games. Just sayin'.

Posted: Apr 16th 2010 11:05PM yeppers said

Wow... that bridge actually looks like a bridge and not a cargo hold.

Still looks like it probably has a sign hanging somewhere in there that says, "Abandon ship all ye who enter here."

Posted: Apr 16th 2010 11:27PM ultimateq said

• 1 heart
So you have to buy the game, pay a subscription and then you have to buy the content after as well?

Posted: Apr 17th 2010 2:27AM Azimn said

I am going to throw in here as well. I play STO and while the game is not as good as I had hoped I still enjoy it. I will not try and argue how great the game is, but it can be a fun experience. For a fan of Star Trek it is great to visit all the places you saw in the show, and feel like you are part of that universe. I agree that STO in a year or more is going to be closer to the game we all wanted, and I for one look forward to see it's evolution.
As for the store, it seems so many people are upset over this, but the IP, Star Trek has been milking its fans for years and Cryptic is by far not the worse culprit. I am more angry at the fact the toys never seem to find a standard format like another IP with the words both star and wars in it. All the stuff in the store is optional and I for one like the idea that I could have more options for my game if I wanted them. I will say I would rather have those items free, of course I would, and I have not yet found anything I had to buy in the C Store as of yet. I know this game is not for everyone but I hope that with things like the advisory council Cryptic has set up they listen to the players and fix this game which could be even better.

Posted: Apr 17th 2010 6:50AM Critical Mass said

To be somewhat meaningful, given that you expect an evolution, perhaps you can mention some things that you see would be something people or yourself would want to have the game evolve into.

Posted: Apr 17th 2010 8:06AM dudes said

A sub and a cash shop? Mwahahahahahaha er, no thanks. That would be illogical, captain.

Posted: Apr 17th 2010 6:11PM Lichbane1 said

Tell that to Blizzard. They just made millions overnight for selling a mount.

You think Cryptic started microtransactions in a sub game? Sorry, but Sony and Blizzard have been doing it for years. They just call it character transfters (et al). They just don't fess up to it. Blizzard can't really deny it now.

Posted: Apr 17th 2010 11:51AM (Unverified) said

Hmm Cryptic are the worst company right now and mybe the worst of all time in my opinon they stang me with Champions online but never again there games netcode is rubbish too and thats bad for an online game advice for any people reading this thinking about spending time and money on there title dont there are better else where

Posted: Apr 17th 2010 10:31PM (Unverified) said

No... it's Mythic.

Posted: Apr 17th 2010 8:27PM Anatidae said

I love how, in Cryptic's Star Trek world, one can play a game of football on the starship bridge.
| 1 | 2 |