Posted: Apr 15th 2010 10:18AM Lateris said

I played for five years in SWG since open beta. It has been two years in Eve Online and two years in LOTRO. Right now I am on break from Eve and LOTRO to check out AoC.

Posted: Apr 15th 2010 10:21AM Sorithal said

~4.5 years with WoW. Though I haven't played it in... about 6 months, and ever since the first year into Burning Crusade I've basically been off/on it, sometimes taking breaks for months.

Runescape I played for maybe 2-3 years (before WoW even came out).

I might've played Phantasy Star Online for 2 years *shrug*

Pretty much every other MMO I've played has only been less than one year, or if I've played it over the years it's very intermittently.

Posted: Apr 15th 2010 10:22AM Minofan said

Guild Wars - played it the most, and for by far the longest now.

Posted: Apr 15th 2010 10:39AM myr said

Been with my babe FFXI since NA release in late 2003, so about 6.5 years.

We've taken a few breaks, a couple for nearly 6 months, but we always seem to get back together. :)

Posted: Apr 15th 2010 10:43AM (Unverified) said

Until someone gets warriors right, I will never love another MMORPG... *sniff*

I still come back to CoH every once in a while, but I think those booty calls will stop once APB comes out. I'm crushing hard!

Posted: Apr 15th 2010 10:44AM (Unverified) said

I just canceled my WoW sub renewal after over 5 years. Free at last!!!

Posted: Apr 15th 2010 11:21AM (Unverified) said

Well, I've been playing world war 2 online since 2002.. good game

Posted: Apr 15th 2010 11:47AM HereticalPenguin said

Definitely Guild Wars, though I am just too burnt out on it now to get back into it, try as I might.

Posted: Apr 15th 2010 11:24AM Justpotatoes said

If we consider MUDs, my longest relationship has been with Lost Souls MUD, which I started playing in 1994 and still log into occasionally.

Otherwise, it's probably Guild Wars.

Posted: Apr 15th 2010 11:46AM (Unverified) said

I've played Guild Wars the longest of all MMO's. Of all subscription-based MMO's, EVE Online is the one I've been playing the longest.

Posted: Apr 15th 2010 11:50AM Araxes said

5 1/2 years with EQ2. I was there for the original launch and my subscription has never lapsed. The game has changed amazingly in that time. I was actually pouring over old update notes just for the heck of it, and perhaps an idea for a future blog update, when it struck me just HOW much it has changed! Some of the things we've taken for granted for years now were not always present! :)

Posted: Apr 15th 2010 11:51AM (Unverified) said

I started Asheron's Call in beta and am still a full time player. I've been giving them sub money every month since the launched, and will continue to do so until the last sunset on Dereth.

I've played everything else that's come out since, and I keep getting drawn back to AC. I can't explain it, but Turbine has done something that's captured me completely.

Posted: Apr 15th 2010 12:17PM demosthenes73 said

Eve Online since 03. Put about 3 years into SWG, and almost 4 into WoW.

Eve's the only one I'm still playing atm.

Posted: Apr 15th 2010 1:29PM (Unverified) said

EVE Online. I started playing just before Revelations launched and have played consistently since the Trinity expansion.

Payed up to 2013 with ISK so no chance of leaving anytime soon.

Posted: Apr 15th 2010 1:48PM (Unverified) said

1 - 1,5 year with WoW. Quit 2 - 2,5 years ago.

Posted: Apr 15th 2010 8:03PM Dratyan said

Guild Wars, 3 years.

Posted: Apr 15th 2010 5:16PM Arkanaloth said

GuildWars for certain... was in the beta.. played a good bit but saw issues with Henchmen, when Nightfall introduced heroes I went back to GuildWars and has been with it ever since.. so around 4.5 years or so and still going.

Posted: Apr 15th 2010 7:17PM Jesspiper said

LOTRO since may 07. Having a Lifetime account will probably ensure that LOTRO remains my longest played by default, barring some disaster like Turbine going under or something.

Posted: Apr 15th 2010 9:29PM Joshua Przygocki said

Meh, I think I spent a year with WoW... Now I can't hold an MMO for more than a month without getting bored of it...

Posted: Apr 16th 2010 4:48AM (Unverified) said

I really can't remember if it was UO or WoW for me. I served several stints in each for a total of about two years.

Ahh gaming, a life well wasted.

Make My MMO: November 16 - 22, 2014