Posted: Apr 15th 2010 8:13AM Pewpdaddy said

My longest run was definitely EQ played more than 7 years... However since then due to what I missed sticking with it only DAoC and others. I now will only mill around for about 3 years per title.

Posted: Apr 15th 2010 8:24AM Askgar said

Guild Wars is definately my longest running game. I've played it pretty solidly (taking the occasional month or so off) since the original weekend preview events, I guess that means 5-6 years now!

Posted: Apr 15th 2010 10:33AM cray said

I been with GUILD WARS since the beginning and still going strong.

Posted: Apr 15th 2010 11:37AM (Unverified) said

Since Guild Wars celebrates its 5th birthday very very soon, I guess you've been playing for five years. Guild Wars was (and is) my longest MMO relationship, having played for four years and counting.

Posted: Apr 15th 2010 5:59PM Archebus said

Guild Wars was my first MMO, and the one I played the longest. I had to stop playing here and there because of real life commitments, but that Ascalon music keeps playing in my head.

Posted: Apr 15th 2010 8:28AM UnknownUser said

5 Years with WoW. Before that DAoC and TSN/INN held the record at two years.

Posted: Apr 15th 2010 8:35AM (Unverified) said

World of Warcraft. From release til about the time WAR released. Tried to return, never got back into it though.

Posted: Apr 15th 2010 8:45AM Snorii said

I haven't let my subscription lapse with City of Heroes yet, but I'm also very happy that I bought the lifetime subscription to LOTRO.

Other torrid affairs I've had are SWG, EQ2, WAR, AA, TR, DDO, GW and a one night stand with DAoC. (Nothing against DAoC mind you, was just checking it out with a friend one night.) Plenty of others I'd like to try or play more, but my true loves are the first two.

Posted: Apr 15th 2010 9:06AM Crsh said

4 years and some with WoW is the absolute longest I ever stuck to a game. No matter how much I can bitch about WoW nowadays (I no longer play it), I'll definitely always give them credit for holding my attention that long.

Posted: Apr 15th 2010 9:16AM Wispur said

I've had an on and off again relationship (currently on) with WoW since it was released.
Though to be honest, I often think about Asheron's Call, my first true MMO love. It started to show it's age and I left it behind, though I often think to myself that I may have made a mistake in doing so...
Recently I committed to a lifetime relationship with StarTrek Online.

Posted: Apr 15th 2010 1:39PM archer75 said

I think EQ was my longest. Followed by EVE and WoW.

Posted: Apr 15th 2010 9:45AM (Unverified) said

Guildwars for me! I have played that game since the weekend it came out. So what, six years? I can remember when it took you well over a month to level to twenty. No you can pretty much do it in a day. Heh.. oh the day.

Posted: Apr 15th 2010 9:52AM (Unverified) said

Asheron's Call 4 years
Horizon 2 weeks
City of Heroes 8 months
World of Warcraft 5.5 years and still ongoing..

Posted: Apr 15th 2010 9:55AM Vendayn said

Asheron's Call 1999 to 2001

WoW for about 5 years, the last 2 have been off and on, until a month ago when I fully stopped

SWG from release to before SWG ruined it with that one update, forgot how long exactly it was, but I played it for quite a bit

Posted: Apr 15th 2010 9:55AM (Unverified) said

my longest has been FFXI since ps2 release til 2006

Posted: Apr 15th 2010 9:57AM breezer said

Same. Though off and on. And admittedly more off than on.

Posted: Apr 15th 2010 10:01AM Crabtree said

Relationship: It's complicated with World of Warcraft.

Posted: Apr 15th 2010 10:02AM Azlew said

EQ2 since day one.

Posted: Apr 15th 2010 10:04AM mko said

I've never played any game for longer than 3 months. But I still play Ultima Online time to time if we were discuss oldest ones.

Posted: Apr 15th 2010 10:10AM Valdamar said

My longest is 4 years in City of Heroes - though I started playing 5 years ago and had a 1 year break after the first year. That also makes it the only MMO I've ever quit but later returned to. It's also the only MMO I've played where I enjoy the basic gameplay - I play most MMOs for their lore/exploration and quit when I feel like I've seen most of what I want to see - with CoH I actually enjoy the minute-to-minute gameplay.

The only MMO I've played for close to that long is the original EverQuest, which I played for just over 3 years from launch in 1999 until 2002. Guild raiding commitments and a lack of competing MMOs were more responsible for that long subscription than the quality of EQ itself, though it also had a better designed world for exploration than any MMO I've ever played (CoH included) - the zones felt more like a world than levels of a designed game, something that EQ2 and most other MMOs I've played have failed at (CoH included).

No other MMO has kept me entertained for more than 9 months - BC-era WoW only lasted me 6 months.