Posted: Apr 15th 2010 12:33PM Crabtree said

I don't even know what this game is about (aside from having a DC theme). Do players create their own Super Heroes similar to CoX and CO? Or... what?

Anytime I've been drawn to read something about it, I can't seem to get past staring at Power Girl's chest (e.g. http://dcuo.station.sony.com/) for a few seconds before getting bored and moving on to something else.

Can anyone offer up a summary of what we know about this game minus the cleavage? Much appreciated! :)

Posted: Apr 15th 2010 12:57PM Nef said

From what I gather, you create a superhero/villain of your own and play around in the DC universe like you would in CoX/CO. Fighting alongside/against your favorite DC heroes/villains being a big draw for the game.

Posted: Apr 15th 2010 1:47PM (Unverified) said

Yes, Cleavage Girl...uh sorry, i mean Power Girl sure has nice...umm what was i talking about again?

Posted: Apr 15th 2010 3:20PM (Unverified) said

Curse you, Power Girl!

Posted: Apr 15th 2010 1:42PM Lateris said

Will the game play be instanced only in a city? What is the world design in the game?>/

Posted: Apr 15th 2010 3:27PM Ace Noble said

For myself, I am expecting this to be an upgrade from CoH and Champions. NCSoft never really pushed for any real improvements to City of Heroes until Champions went into beta, plus after playing some NCSoft games, my view of them has become tarnished. Champions is fun and I'd be perfectly satisfied if I was into mostly PvE missions.

The reason I see DC Online as promising is the ability to choose a faction (hero/villain) and actually face off against them in missions. Also the DCO devs in the video mentioned concepts such as power "buckets" in accenting skills and abilities. Hard to know what to actually expect without an active beta, but I do hope it turns out to be a good game.

Posted: Apr 15th 2010 3:55PM MrGutts said

Well we also have to roll the dice in hopes that SOE doesn't screw this up. Some folks will not even touch this game because of the SOE rep.

Posted: Apr 15th 2010 3:28PM (Unverified) said

No. There will be some instances, but it will start out with 2 large open cities. Metropolis and Gotham.

Posted: May 7th 2010 4:13AM pcgneurotic said