Posted: Apr 15th 2010 8:27PM Thremma said

I rolled a character this week to join the guild. So far, very fun. I tried DDO before, but couldn't find anyone to play with or talk to; problem fixed. Looking forward to more.

Posted: Apr 15th 2010 8:58PM Spron said

I enjoyed the event very much. My bard 1/rogue 1 multiclass is pretty darned weak, but I hope that I contributed to the group at least a little bit. And with luck (and planning), next week I won't be doing laundry, making dinner, and then eating during the event!

Posted: Apr 15th 2010 8:58PM VioletArrows said

Had lots of fun last night and met a lot of new people. :D Got everyone all but 3-4 achievements in the Korthos Wilderness (yeah okay, kill 750 denizens). Leading a group wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be, though Misery's Peak still lives up to its name (*shivers* invisible giant spiders). At least it wasn't like herding cats like some other groups I've been in. Hopefully I can take it a bit easier next week.

Posted: Apr 16th 2010 10:44AM Rubi said

I hate those spiders SO MUCH. Ugh, ugh, ugh. I thought of you when I saw them -- I bet you hated that. ;-) Thanks for leading a group, it was much appreciated!

Posted: Apr 16th 2010 1:25AM (Unverified) said

Thank you Turbine for teaching us a lesson about not giving away "our personal security" to companies that pay you to advertise for them! Bleh.

Posted: Apr 16th 2010 2:53AM (Unverified) said

Thanks everyone - was another great night. Good to see Syp and Beau (Pity Da Foo) Turkey along for the ride, and Rubi was ever the wonderful Guild Mom =)

Judaz, Sjohn and Mir (I don't remember your full name's spelling Mir, sorry!) get an extra special mention for being in my group and having the patience of a Saint..
..especially due to the 'efforts' of a particular individual named Amana who got greedy with a Vase and prematurely aggroed a miniboss in the sewers, causing the untimely demise of most of the party. /fishslap

Looking forward to next week, no Vases I promise. :D

(PS: Is anyone able to tell me whereabouts screenshots get saved? I was liberally attacking my PrtScr button throughout the night but I can't seem to find traces of them anywhere. I'm on Vista if it helps. Oh, unless PrtScr isn't the default button..?)

Posted: Apr 16th 2010 6:41AM Tanek said

"PS: Is anyone able to tell me whereabouts screenshots get saved?"

Screenshots will be saved to a 'Dungeons and Dragons Online' folder in your profile's Documents folder. (That's the location on my Vista machine, anyway.)

Unfortunately, PrintScreen does not seem to be the default keybind. Ctrl-P is the default for the screenshot with Alt-Z as the default for hiding the UI. You can change either of them in the Key Mapping options (they are roughly 1/4 of the way down the list and found under the Interactions section).

Posted: Apr 16th 2010 8:16AM (Unverified) said

Ah. That would be it then :D
Thanks, Tanek.

(ps: why would a developer default the screenshot keymap to anything other than PrinScreen, out of curiosity?)

Posted: Apr 16th 2010 10:48AM Rubi said

One of the first things I do in any new game, if at all possible, is remap my screenshot key. Muscle memory won't allow me to do weird key combinations, my hand jumps do Prt Scr without thinking of it.

Posted: Apr 16th 2010 12:30PM vaga said

I was interested in joining your group as you wonder around in the DDO world. When do you usually run? I'm a west coaster and usually am on after 8PST. I rolled a Bard with the pre generated template and after getting to lv 2 realized I really wanted my own build. Off to create a new warchanter bard.

Posted: Apr 16th 2010 12:56PM Tanek said

The official start time has been 9pm Eastern on Wednesdays and the unofficial end of the night (for me, anyway) seems to be around 11pm. I'm on the east coast, so those times make sense for me, but there may be some people in the guild who start later and/or are on longer.

Posted: Apr 17th 2010 4:32AM (Unverified) said

So, can someone confirm for me, as someone new interested in catching up, what I need to do to be on par with everyone else? Should I just find a group and make my way through the Korthos Wilderness, or are there enough people who haven't completed it yet that I'd probably be able to find a group?

Thanks to anyone who can reply. I'm really looking forward to making it to next week's event.

Posted: Apr 17th 2010 5:11AM (Unverified) said

Hiya Clockwork,

To be safe, I'd say it's best to run through all the Wilderness content prior to Wed, yes.
Most of us will be logging in at the Leaky Dinghy Tavern having completed Korthos, ready to take on Stormreach and/or Waterworks.

If you're around L2-3 and fresh out of Korthos you'll be spot-on for Wed night.
=)

Posted: Apr 17th 2010 8:57AM (Unverified) said

Thank you so much! I'll get on that, shouldn't be too hard. Though one more question: Are there any particular classes the guild is in specific need of? Right now I've got a Rogue as per the norm for me, but if the guild is need of clerics or anything of the sort, I would gladly fill whatever roles need to be filled.

I'm sure there are plenty of everything, but I figured I'd ask anyway.

MMO Week in Review: Are you Elite or Dangerous?

Posted on Dec 21st 2014 8:00PM