Posted: Apr 14th 2010 8:16PM Xsorus said

Rofl, at the people whining about 24vs24..

you realize 24vs24 is a pretty good size considering if you want to do anything greater then that you can hit up open rvr and see what its like to deal with 100vs100 zergs that are nothing more then cluster fuckers..

Sure it can handle more, but its not fun..

Course random tards who couldn't hack it in the game know nothing about it in the first place..

They just remember fond memories with rose colored glasses of DAOC, "I remember massive battles we had, they were so much fun!!!" To bad for most they were laggy shit storms over in about 5 minutes..

Posted: Apr 14th 2010 8:26PM Dandmcd said

Or maybe they could design the rvr to help prevent zergs from forming. Make the objectives in the city battle require that warbands split between multiple objectives, so there isn't one mass zerg going at it in the middle of the map. Reward small groups using stealth and lickpicks to steal artifacts or important documents worth bonus points. Gees, I could go on and on how they can make mass PvP without it being a massive battle over a door like it is at the keeps. The game was not correctly designed to handle this mass pvp, which is why they give us this 24 vs. 24 farce. Massive city battles, what a joke.

Posted: Apr 15th 2010 11:51AM (Unverified) said

"Or maybe they could design the rvr to help prevent zergs from forming"

You mean like limiting rvr to 24 vs 24? lol

Posted: Apr 14th 2010 8:41PM (Unverified) said

I'd be interested in trying these changes, but after the credit card issues I am afraid to resuscribe. I had to fight my bank to get my overdraft fees refunded after that nonsense.

Posted: Apr 14th 2010 8:41PM (Unverified) said

I crash in Altdorf.

Posted: Apr 14th 2010 10:52PM MrDiamondJ said

Overbilling raging aside, this is a great change for the game. Up to this point, I've spent hours in RvR only to logoff when a city siege starts because they're too damn boring. 2 hours is still too long IMHO, but when it's all RvR it could get quite interesting. I've sunk time into doing random skirmishing in zones for really no purpose whatsoever besides the fun of it, so doing it with the city on the line is great.

This isn't going to bring any haters back to the game, but for those of us playing it's gonna be a good time.

Posted: Apr 15th 2010 12:43AM (Unverified) said

Another Great Announcement overshadowed by Trolls who know nothing of the game, City Sieges were already instanced and were capped to about 2 wb's and whenever there was a city attack there were multiple instances so this is not that big of a change by minimizing it to 24, but you wouldn't know that not playing the game and only trolling about it would you.

Posted: Apr 15th 2010 5:02AM Renko said

Anyone who doesn't like a developer's decision or disagrees with it is a hater or a troll, how pathetic!

Posted: Apr 15th 2010 9:43AM (Unverified) said

If you look at the comments most of them don't know the City Siege is already Instanced, hence my comment, your pathetic for not bothering to read and understand.

Posted: Apr 15th 2010 4:58AM (Unverified) said

Proof of the pudding is in the eating, but it sounds fun for sure.

For those who think a 24 vs 24 set is "ridiculous": why it would be per se? Do you think that the usual 4 warbands vs. 1.5 warbands zergfests, imbalanced sides, and unstable instances are so damn cool?

Posted: Apr 15th 2010 5:22AM oGGe said

I am awaiting these changes eagerly, I'm not bothered by the 24vs24 instancing of the Capitals.

I rather have smaller instances than unbalanced zerg in some kind of open world city siege (I'd love an open city siege if it was possible to balance them, but it's not even possible with 2 warband instances now) If you happen to be in a PUG-warband and end up in the same instance as one of the larger organized guilds you don't stand a chance.

Performance of the game is pretty good nowadays, so had they wanted to have an open world city siege I think it would have been possible from a technical point of view.

WAR ftw!

Posted: Apr 15th 2010 5:22AM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
It's a cop out, plain and simple.

New Emskrank regularly has larger scale battles on the go, it just doesn't make sense for capital seiges to be smaller, but they way the cities were designed it's the only way they can do it and make it fun without throwing the two capitals away and redesigning them from scratch.

They didn't do a good job at the design stage, plain and simple, and the earlier in the development cycle such a fundamental mistake is made, the more expensive it is to fix it.

A 24 v 24 capital seige might well be great fun, but it's just nonsensical in terms of what a Warhammer MMO should be.

Posted: Apr 15th 2010 5:28AM (Unverified) said

I see why it is 20 v 20. Aren't those the current population levels per server?

This game was such a horrible disappointment it is not funny. It had some great concepts, but the game truly dies once you hit lvl 40 with another 40 renown ranks that feel mostly pointless, with the only motivation being the same couple nearly unobtainable gear sets every is grinding for. Then a mostly RvR game releases a nearly 100% PVE expansion when the game already had so many things against it?

I followed it back when it was WHO with that other company, and then with WAR, for years. As a huge fan of the IPO, WAR was nothing but a disappointment, and the same echoed with all my friends who were also huge fans of the franchise.

I have no idea why Massively has pushed this game so hard again and again. I quit 6 months ago after struggling with myself to like it, and finally found a new, enjoyable home in Aion. I've yet to figure out why Aion isn't getting the coverage Massively gives WAR. It is a far better game in many ways, and has shown it with its much higher player retention. It is a return to many of the concepts I loved back in the original EQ, without many of the painful, almost cruel timesinks. Toss on NCsofts constant attention to both the playerbase and game improvement, I can understand why WAR can't even begin to compete.

Posted: Apr 15th 2010 9:42AM (Unverified) said

I don't know what game you guys are crying about cause from where I'm standing the RvR endgame is pretty hopping. I just recently came back to WAR and we have large multi-warband battles nightly.

As far as the city stuff goes, the current city sieges are lame. You protect 3 BO's while trying to either farm or not get farmed by the other side, and if one instance is losing while the others are winning, it ruins the king push for the rest. I think these changes are good for the game and could be a lot of fun, but I'm not holding my breath for anything revolutionary. Restricting it to 24v24 is more a necessity due to the empty instance or lopsides instance issue that plagues city sieges today. Sure its not an "epic" battle in terms of player scope, but you do get to fight for your king, and with your king. Sounds cool to me.

Posted: Apr 15th 2010 12:19PM (Unverified) said

They got that many players on the server for a 24v24???? OMG...

Posted: Apr 15th 2010 3:50PM Alchemda said

For someone who actually pays for warhammer, and was over charged and then refunded everything along with overdraft fees. I think this is a great idea, it will be balanced, it will be completely RVR driven, it wont be zerg versus none, it wont be meaningless.Yeah it sucks that it wont be this epic 100 on 100 battle, but I've always preferred smaller warband on warband action than 3v2 warbands, or something retarded.

Since when has massively become mmorpg.com and full of whiners. From everyone I've talked to who actually plays the game, as well as the official forums and warhammer alliance, everyone is stoked about this change.

Posted: Apr 15th 2010 3:52PM Alchemda said

@mdavis, i totally agree, not quite sure what game these guys are playing. RVR is always hopping . Full warband or 2 on each side in each tier, and scenarios popping almost instantly.

Its amazing how many ignorant people dog this game just because they dont know any better.

Posted: Apr 16th 2010 5:28AM nevin said

Some points in the day, rvr is dead as a doornail, but mostly there are loads of people and it's brilliant fun.
The population does wax and wane over the day but I never have problems finding people to stab in the back (my main is a Witch Elf).

Why I Play: ArcheAge