Posted: Apr 14th 2010 6:18PM Wisdomandlore said

I didn't think the Offer Wall was a big deal (once they removed the spyware infested and misleading ones). But actions like this show how Turbine is one of the few companies that actually cares about their customers. Kudos to them.

Posted: Apr 14th 2010 5:02PM (Unverified) said

F2P, slippery slope, told you so, blah blah.

Posted: Apr 14th 2010 6:17PM wjowski said

How far Turbine has fallen.

Posted: Apr 14th 2010 6:36PM (Unverified) said

I think it goes to show why Turbine is a superior MMO developer. They care and it shows. When something doesn't work well enough, they own up, apologize and move on rather than keep the system in place and ignore the user base... I am looking at you Cryptic. Most users expect some problems, missteps and other bumps in the road but the good companies know how to treat their customer base and adjust in an appropriate manner.

Posted: Apr 14th 2010 11:12PM wjowski said

They got caught like the proverbial child with his hand in the cookie jar selling customer's private information and you're actually *praising* them for stopping once people started calling them out?

Posted: Apr 14th 2010 8:05PM Nandini said

It's disappointing that the account login was used as the unique identifier for this system, instead of creating a new anonymous identifier specifically for this system.

The fact that Turbine trusts this third party and feels safe relying on this third party for confidentiality based on their contract isn't really important to me, since this identifier was never intended to be used in such a way. Its intended use should be to log into the game and the account management site.

Turbine won't even let me log into its own forums or my.ddo.com with my account login and password, yet they've just handed half of that information off to a third party.

That's 50% of my login security right there, and it happens to be the 50% I cannot change.

Posted: Apr 14th 2010 10:58PM MrDiamondJ said

Props to Turbine for actually listening to its userbase, and just giving a crap in general.

Posted: Apr 14th 2010 11:49PM (Unverified) said

Agreed!
-1 Points for a poorly planned campaign, but +2 Points for making it right.

GG Turbine (in the end). =)

Posted: Apr 15th 2010 1:28AM (Unverified) said

Hooray for Turbine - resubbed LotRO today, but -

Why any company would want their name associated with companies like "Super Rewards" is beyond me - the entire planet knows about spam and malware and how you get it. Its not like Turbine is a daft innocent hoodwinked by the slick talking "Super Rewards" in this situation either. I think Turbine needs to take a good hard look at themselves as a company, revisit their values and ask how anything like this ever made it past the brainstorming stage at all. Contrary to popular belief, some companies do have values beyond profit, profit, profit - judging by their care and handling of LotRO and its customer base I thought they were one.

Turbine - put back on your Wizard hat and look in the mirror for a sec.

WRUP: Expanshapaign is too a word

Posted on Dec 20th 2014 10:00AM