Posted: Apr 14th 2010 11:02PM Sam not Spam said

While I don't know if its slated for i17 or not...

Seems like they're testing cross-server teaming stuff?

Posted: Apr 15th 2010 3:30AM Sam not Spam said

Ah, foo. Maybe not. Oh well.

Posted: Apr 15th 2010 3:35AM (Unverified) said

Seems silly to have such an ancient screenshot for the Issue 17 Beta announce post.

That picture is pre-Beta CoH First Release... that showing its age :P

Posted: Apr 15th 2010 11:28AM (Unverified) said

Yeah. Kind of a slap in the face for all the Ultra Mode hype.

Posted: Apr 15th 2010 6:30AM Haggs said

If your computer can handle the updated graphics, everything's just fine for you.

But for those of us who have low-end graphics cards but have been running the game just fine on lower settings... a bunch of things have been screwed up for us. I hope the problems get ironed out before I17 goes to the live servers or else I'm going to be a very unhappy player.

Posted: Apr 15th 2010 10:23AM Valdamar said

Same here. I'll be buying a new PC for Going Rogue (and for APB and SW:TOR once they announce their recommended specs), but in the meantime my old PC runs noticeably more slowly on I17 beta than on the live servers - it's particularly noticeable with superspeed/teleport, as my PC struggles to load the upcoming graphics.

I'll be glad of the new graphics when I get my new PC, but until then it's going to suck and I feel sorry for any veteran subscribers with old PCs like me who can't afford to (or have no plans to) upgrade/replace their PC.

This shouldn't be happening as Paragon Studios has said that the minimum requirements wouldn't change post-I17/GR and my old PC still satisfies them by quite a decent margin.

Posted: Apr 15th 2010 10:00AM Daelen said

CoH has always been CPU dependant... like most MMOs. Hopefully i17 puts this stuff on the GPU but doesn't have to so fingers crossed. i17 updates on a GPU would only need a ~$100 card to cruise.

Posted: Apr 16th 2010 1:25AM Sam not Spam said

My Radeon 4670 (under $100) has taken to Ultra-mode nicely. While not maxed out, I'm certainly enjoying the prettier game. Now, my CPU is a Q6600, so factor that into any figuring you do...