Posted: Apr 14th 2010 7:08PM Allegos said

Just a head's up: The "eq2.com" link in the opening sentence goes to a business site other than Everquest 2.

Posted: Apr 14th 2010 7:33PM aurickle said

Wow. Those screen shots make me really, really like the new housing. Truly beautiful work! The large windows are a welcome touch. I hope that the homes come with multiple wall/floor/trim options like those in the original cities have. The lack of those options in the newer offerings is something I've always hated.

Posted: Apr 14th 2010 7:33PM Jef Reahard said

Fixed. Thanks.

Posted: Apr 14th 2010 7:41PM (Unverified) said

The new housing looks amazing, I can't wait to resub just to run around Halas lol.

Posted: Apr 14th 2010 7:43PM Randomessa said

Yeah, who am I kidding? When GU56 goes live, I'll be back home in EQ2 with bells on.

Posted: Apr 14th 2010 8:15PM Saker said

Temps me to re-sub, I always enjoyed the housing/decorating alot, and those look like the best housing hands down in EQ2 (reminds me of mission/arts&crafts style which I love)

Posted: Apr 14th 2010 8:23PM Graill440 said

• Half a heart
I have yet to see any player housing worth anything. Other than extra storage The hastily made boxes provide no "warmth" or a "lived in" feel at all and no purpose. These devs need to put effort (laugh) into housing that includes the graphic requirements to create that warm glow and lived in aspect. What that pic shows is a cold graphic slab just like anyone elses, may as well be something in asherons call.

Posted: Apr 14th 2010 8:43PM Mr Angry said

EQ2 has the most customizable housing in any MMO, you might want to rethink your opinion and check out the trial.

These devs need to keep doing what they are doing. I had a player specialist house decorator actually build a whole upstairs for me in a single room, with a spiral staircase, out of items that are craftable, it was phenomenal.

The warmth will come with the forthcoming shaders and lighting improvements schedule soon! What the the screenshots are showing is an empty cell, within which you can place a whole multitude of different player craftable furniture in any place anywhere in the house.

I don't think you could have been much wider of the mark on this one, sorry!

Posted: Apr 14th 2010 8:50PM Interitus said

I agree with Mr. Angry. Unlike other MMO's EQ2 homes don't try and impose artificial areas. What they provide is the canvas and the user can do what they want with it. Some people do merely turn it into storage. But I have seen some of the most incredible houses and guildhalls in EQ2. You can go into 2 different houses with the same floorplan and having entirely different feels to them. They sometiems don't even feel like the same floorplan

Posted: Apr 14th 2010 10:05PM Audacious said

But don't take these two fellows word for it:

Every item you see in those screenshots that isn't the wall, ceiling or floor is purchased, crafted, or otherwise attained and placed by a player.

Believe you me, this game knows what's up when it comes to player housing.

Posted: Apr 15th 2010 5:57AM pcgneurotic said

I have to disagree with you m8. By itself, a totally empty room is an uninviting place in a game world or in rl. It's what you do with it, what you put in it that gives it warmth and character.

Even so, EQ2 has, hands-down, the best player housing of any mmog I've seen.

Posted: Apr 15th 2010 11:28AM (Unverified) said

Graill never fails to give an idiotic opinion about a game he's never played.

Posted: Apr 14th 2010 11:59PM Cendres said

Ohhh that's looks pretty darned awesome!

Posted: Apr 15th 2010 11:59AM Araxes said

The lighting options you can buy from player crafters will give it all the ambience you could desire, and much great customization than if it came with "pre-made" light sources. Other things such as custom fireplaces, carpets, rugs, tapestries, plants, desks, chairs, stools, ottomans, you name it, it's probably in the game as a crafted item ... EQ2 has an absolutely staggering amount of furniture options. It is truly one of the game's very strongest aspects, and one thing that continues to stand it out amongst current MMO's.

Browse through the home show forum on the SOE boards and you will find hundreds of examples of just how in-depth the housing and house item options are, in EQ2.

Posted: Apr 15th 2010 4:40PM niakori said

I'm trying the trial now and kicking myself repeatedly for not doing so earlier. If I find a guild, I'm subscribing no doubt about it.