Posted: Apr 13th 2010 12:20PM koehler83 said

• 1 heart
Nope, that's impossible. Console MMO's are gimped, limited shells of games. They have no room for growth.

Clearly this game has been in limbo since it's release 8 years ago. These updates are just lies and deceit spread by ravenous console fanboys to try and make other people believe these falsehoods.

FFXIV will obviously fail on the grounds of this logic.

Posted: Apr 13th 2010 12:25PM Cendres said

You got honors for most ridiculous post of the week, congrats!

Posted: Apr 13th 2010 12:50PM koehler83 said

Excellent!

Posted: Apr 13th 2010 1:18PM myr said

I can't tell if you're trolling or not!

But yeah, I pity the soul that still plays XI on the PS2. I've played on PC since release.>.>

Posted: Apr 13th 2010 2:55PM koehler83 said

Not trolling, just sarcasm. Big FFXI fan. Future FFXIV fan. Pro-console MMO gamer.

And I'd hate to break it to ya, but on PS2, it's the same game. It's a lower resolution. That's it.

Posted: Apr 13th 2010 3:53PM Seraphina Brennan said

You get the awesome sarcastic post of the day award. :D

Grats. :D

Posted: Apr 13th 2010 12:48PM Cendres said

Not high enough to partake for me, but it's always great to see the game getting regular updates all the time. And wow Shadow Lord's armor! o.o

Posted: Apr 13th 2010 1:01PM Barinthos said

I stopped playing FFXI years ago because the fact that it required entirely too much time and grouping to do anything of importance or meaning.

Every time I see a screen for the game I reminisce and think about going back, but then remember why i left. I haven't read or seen any updates regarding any ease of soloability at all, is it the same "grind" and group centric title as it was 4+ years ago? Or has it changed? Because I would really love to get back into the game, if only to explore it more fully than before.

Posted: Apr 13th 2010 2:33PM Cendres said

This is how I've been playing the game:

This will allow you to solo at your own pace and see any place of the world you want. Obvious draw back is you don't tend to make friends this way. But if all you want to do is explore and level it's fun. ^_^
Not to mention having reraise at your finger tips makes things soooo much easier.

Posted: Apr 17th 2010 3:54PM (Unverified) said

Level sync has gone a long way to make it easyer to level. The party leader now has the option to set all party member's levels to the same as the lowest person in the party. With this new system a level 75 could join a party with a level 10, activate level sync to make their level go from 75 to 10, but still get xp (or merit) for level 75. Not only that gear the level 75 was wearing would get scaled down with them. This means you get access to not just camps of your level, but all levels below you.