Posted: Apr 13th 2010 2:37AM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
I was really digging it until I got to "Bonus Mission pack". The story was lost and all I saw after that was dollar signs.

Posted: Apr 13th 2010 9:13AM (Unverified) said

I don't see the problem here. ArenaNet needs money to keep the lights on. I don't remember spending anything extra for the Bonus Mission pack either. From what I remember, it seemed like a promotion that was designed to get Guild Wars players to buy Eye of the North in ArenaNet's / NCsoft's online store.

My problem with that was the requirement of a credit card. ArenaNet originally stated that credit cards would not be needed to play Guild Wars. The bonus mission pack changed that. However, I pointed out that issue... had some friendly dialogue with Gaile Gray... and ArenaNet eventually resolved the issue.

I started a petition...

...and it seems to have worked...

If anything, it seems like ArenaNet is allergic to money. There are dozens of titles. ArenaNet could offer easier ways to get those titles for cash... but they don't. Instead, they have thousands of players leaving their computers on overnight, just so they can death level their way to the "Legendary Defender of Ascalon" title.

ArenaNet could easily throw together a quick pre-searing expansion for $19.95 but they haven't done it. Why not? It would be better for the environment with less computers wasting electricity... less tedium for players... and additional income for ArenaNet.

As for the obey/dismantle thing... It's cool to see some players getting excited about Guild Wars again, but both sides seem screwy to me. I deleted my main character. I might just hang out in Pre-Searing. After five years, that's still my favorite spot in the game.

ArenaNet messed up with Rurik. The story is just too weird. It would be better if ArenaNet let the players control their own destiny... let players make up their own lore. Don't define my character's religion. Don't tell me who I should align myself with.

And Ruby... I think that your more recent articles are a lot better. They're filled with useful information about Guild Wars. More reporting and less option... neutrality doesn't just include Shining Blade / White Mantle. That's easier to do when ArenaNet is making new content.

Posted: Apr 13th 2010 8:47AM (Unverified) said

**Is the comment feature working correctly?**

This article being the first one (chronologically) that I can post on, can I ask if anyone else is seeing issues with the comments system here on Massively?

I'm unable to post on any article that doesn't already have responses.
Not sure if it's just me, or if something's gone awry at Massively's end?

ie:

None of the above appear to have any comments, and nor am I able to enter one.
(Sorry to pollute this GW article)

Posted: Apr 13th 2010 9:21AM (Unverified) said

Comments seem to be working now (for me anyhow).

Posted: Apr 13th 2010 9:34AM (Unverified) said

The comment system has been screwy for me. I have to remember to cut & paste my comment before I send it. Otherwise, it might not go through and then I could lose what I just wrote.

Posted: Apr 13th 2010 9:33AM (Unverified) said

Posted: Apr 16th 2010 12:24AM (Unverified) said

When the Titans got out, they did some good damage in a short time. Prior to then, it was the Mursaat who were keeping the Titan's sealed away. The White Mantle did sacrifice many people, but it was to keep the Titans locked up. They committed these crimes, but they did it to help keep the world safe. Please, citizens of Kryta, consider what the Mantle has done for us. They have our interests at heart!

~The Lone Warrior

(And no, I'm not actually Pro-Mantle. I just enjoy considering alternatives, and why others might pick the opposing side. Helps to be prepared in a debate.)