Posted: Apr 12th 2010 9:04AM (Unverified) said

I've actually been goofing around a bit with this lately - I found it on a whim when I decided to see if there was an actual MMO for the iPhone. It's not bad, if I had friends that had an iPhone and were into MMOs I could see myself having a lot more fun.

Posted: Apr 12th 2010 9:18AM Ripper McGee said

If this was available for my HTC HD2, I'd be all over it.

/em mutters angrily about his otherwise pretty phone...

~Ripper

Posted: Apr 12th 2010 9:19AM ultimateq said

So it's available for the iPhone now? I remember looking for it, but it was only available for the iPad, I was disappointed. Now that it appears to be available for the iPhone, I may have to give it a try.

This is a long article, but it is very informative, thank you for writing it. Now if you don't mind, I'm going to download this.

Posted: Apr 12th 2010 9:23AM Ripper McGee said

On a side note, I've said this before and can't say it enough: Kudos to Spacetime Studios! Things got rough after NCSoft pulled out of Blackstar. This is a big coup for them, especially if it explodes in popularity.

~Ripper

Posted: Apr 12th 2010 9:36AM FOI said

• 1 heart
Well if ya wanna get technical; the only truly "mobile" version exists on devices with always-on internet connections.

If we are talking about hotspots, which is what most Touch and iPad users currently use, then you might as well lump netbooks and laptops and DSs and PSPs into that mobile category and then your choice of "truly successful 3D MMORPG for mobile devices" becomes far more varied.

And if ya really wanna get technical then quite a few carriers issue usb devices which enable always-on 3G for whatever computer you plug them into and then we have to start to ask just how mobile is mobile and just how portable is portable.

Posted: Apr 12th 2010 10:34AM (Unverified) said

"Well if ya wanna get technical; the only truly 'mobile' version exists on devices with always-on internet connections"

This isn't true.. PL works perfectly fine with the 3G connection on my iPhone. That means I don't have to cart around extra tech such as laptops, PSP's, DS's etc. I can get a little MMO fix whever I may be.

Great little title

Posted: Apr 12th 2010 10:31AM (Unverified) said

I love it! I'm a bear tank and my name is Tedz! And all I play is PWI so I'm going to maul the PL cash shop, lol.

Posted: Apr 12th 2010 10:56AM (Unverified) said

Alterra server!

Posted: Apr 12th 2010 10:49AM GRT said

One point I'd like to add, which was a brilliant move on the part of the devs... you can access the Store anywhere. So if you're in a dungeon and getting spanked and running low on pots or feel like you need a weapon upgrade, you can just buy more (for real $$).

It can be damned tempting... which I guess is the point. Company has to make money somewhere.

Nice article. Thanks.

Posted: Apr 12th 2010 12:02PM Taawa said

I hope they make a ton of money from this. Good for Spacetime Studios! I hope they use some of that money to self-publish Blackstar.

Posted: Apr 12th 2010 11:43AM (Unverified) said

Really hope they give us a badger thief soon....

Posted: Apr 12th 2010 12:29PM (Unverified) said

Big Hint!:

Go to the Spacetime Studios website and read their section on the game. I got to level 6 before I figured out I was getting Attribute points, Skill points, and gold that I needed to spend on upgrades.

This is a fun little game, and very well developed by iPhone/Pod/Pad standards. Its even kind of addicting, like candy to a full-sized MMOs cake!

Posted: Apr 12th 2010 12:33PM Mirin said

Droid doesn't... =(

Posted: Apr 12th 2010 2:52PM Dblade said

• 1 heart
You do know that 3d MMOs already exist on portable consoles right? Phantasy Star Zero and the two Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles on the Nintendo DS already do diabloesque MMO style action with zero microtransactions. I wouldn't call this the first unless you mean mobile phones instead of mobile devices.

Posted: Apr 12th 2010 5:29PM Joshua Przygocki said

Can you just get online and play FFCC on your DS with thousands of people all at once? No.

My little brother and I got FFCC for a road trip and it was a lot of fun, but was it an MMO by any standards? No.

Was it a multiplayer RPG? Yes.

Posted: Apr 13th 2010 11:02AM (Unverified) said

im loving this game, the only problem i think, is that once you are level 13, you stop getting experience and need to buy the expansion. so i got that, i got 3 levels, now i have to buy the next expansion. =( but besides that i luv this game

Posted: Apr 13th 2010 11:04AM (Unverified) said

also, my name is Cease and i am a level 16 hawk-archer. add me =D

Posted: Apr 13th 2010 7:46PM Slowrollin said

Elf enchantress. Not cat sorceress. I've actually got people on my in game friendslist that I run regular dungeons with and just sit in towne and chat sometimes. Definitely fun and addicting. Kudos to their customer support also. Had a problem with a respecc and got a reply in 6 minutes. Letthat sink in..... 6 minutes for an emAil response from a customer support rep(aka developer) problem fixed in 20 minutes. Try to even talk to a rep for ffxi..... Lol

Posted: Apr 21st 2010 6:11AM (Unverified) said

Anyone find the game drains your battery very quickly?

Posted: Apr 24th 2010 11:36AM (Unverified) said

most definitely. but i mean, everything does for me... ha

Make My MMO: September 14 - 20, 2014

Posted on Sep 20th 2014 6:00PM

Perfect Ten: Terrible, terrible MMO names

Posted on Sep 20th 2014 3:00PM

The Stream Team: Anchors aweigh in ArcheAge!

Posted on Sep 20th 2014 1:00PM