Posted: Apr 10th 2010 5:15PM Dblade said

Beau, pick up Persona 3 FES, then Persona 4 for the PS2 if you can. If not get the Devil Summoner game on DS if you have one. Awesome series, stretching back a long time before that. If it was a AAA sub MMO, I'd play a Shin Megami Tensei MMO over TOR myself. That's how good the console games were for me.

Posted: Apr 10th 2010 6:09PM Beau Hindman said

Agh! Of course you name the two consoles I don't have! lol I will look up some videos and reviews and stuff, sounds like a very cool Lore and world.

Beau

Posted: Apr 10th 2010 7:51PM whateveryousay said

Aeria games does impress me with it's wide list of titles that it currently publishes. The only problem with this is that few of the games ever get any advertising and publicity because of there being so many at once. Dragon Sky came out of nowhere and went out of publication just as soon as it showed up. Then you have games like Kingdom Heroes that receive a fair amount of publicity, and sure enough when it hits open beta i'll be there.

Anyway, good article Beau. Keep it up.

Posted: Apr 10th 2010 8:23PM Beau Hindman said

Thanks! You know, I wonder what it is like in a publisher that does this many games. It's not uncommon, so it must work out somehow. The quality is there with many of the games, too, so it has to be a heckuva lot of work?

Beau

Posted: Apr 10th 2010 10:02PM whateveryousay said

Well the only other US publisher I know of to have a list this long is ijji and even they only actually publish seven games at the moment (i'm not counting Huxley or Genesis AD). The other seven games on their list are published by other companies but they have a partnership with ijji to allow their subscribers to download the games through their portal and log in with their ijji accounts. It's actually a strategy I respect because it gives games that have little name stake in the market to get more exposure without the added competition and rivalry of double publishing. Speaking of Double publishing, Aeria is one of the few out there that does this. Their recent addition of the game La Tale is a good example of this. LT was originally published by ogplanet and continues to be on their current list of games. Wolfteam is also previously published by Softnyx, which held those rights first. Two very different and interesting ways for mmo publishers to make their claim in the market.

Posted: Apr 11th 2010 10:06PM CalebG said

Wolf Team is a great action game that is action packed with just a slight twist that makes it different. I will not go into more detail and let Beau give the review, so simply put, I had a blast while I was playing it.

Sadly though, I have since stopped playing it due to cheaters (Hopefully, that problem is not apparent in Aeria's version!) and high pings due to my geographical location.

Posted: Apr 12th 2010 2:37PM monkeybones said

I played various offerings from Aeria games for a long time. We loved Domo and Wolf the most. What drove us away in the end was the ridiculous prices they set for items in the cash shop.

I know they need to make money, but their pricing model and incentives were targeted for people that spent in the hundreds of dollars in a weekend. I basically banned the cash shop for my kids. We might still be there if they understood what micro transactions are.

Something I liked about Aeria were their GMs and their GS system. Most of the Game Sages were very helpful. They got us started in 12Sky, and wrote some great guides for Domo and Grand Fantasia.

Posted: May 24th 2010 3:58AM (Unverified) said

Just an update on Aeria's expanding library of download to play games.

I was just invited to their closed beta for the new Kingdom Heroes (free) mmorpg which follows a style similar to Dynasty Warriors.