Posted: Apr 7th 2010 7:58PM druzeltheimp said

Gazillion has the rights to the Marvel MMO right? Looks like the whole Cryptic debacle might work in his favor now. That's karma at work right there.

Posted: Apr 7th 2010 8:00PM Mr Angry said

Nice to see Daeke wasn't out of work for too long, congratulations!

Posted: Apr 7th 2010 8:30PM CCon99 said

Glad to see Daeke is with another project.

It's ironic that he allegedly got fired for telling the truth to the CO community, considering how Cryptic is now all of a sudden in full communication friendly mode with what's left of their remaining communities.

Posted: Apr 7th 2010 8:57PM EdmundDante said

When one door closes, another one opens. Usually much better.

Posted: Apr 7th 2010 9:10PM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
I am not a big fan of how David handled his community rep job at Cryptic. I know it was partly the way Cryptic had set things up, but he has a part to be blamed for as well. I can't say that I'm excited to see him in another community management role.

Posted: Apr 8th 2010 4:45AM EdmundDante said

Right. Cryptic is a class act.

Posted: Apr 7th 2010 9:33PM Anatidae said

Knowing nothing about what truly happened behind the scenes at Cryptic, it seems from this side that Daeke was treated unfairly.

I hope in the end of all this his new position is better in every way.

Posted: Apr 7th 2010 11:32PM UnSub said

Interesting to see that Rockjaw, the former EU community guy for CoH/V, is now also at Gazillion.

Posted: Apr 8th 2010 4:15AM Nandini said

"... I'll be focusing on all of them, rather than on a specific one."

How exactly is that focused? Isn't that exactly the opposite of focusing?

Posted: Apr 8th 2010 6:17AM (Unverified) said

I don't know what you do for a living, but I wish I could only focus on one thing/discipline/technology/whatever at my job and still make a decent wage.

It's common place to focus on multiple things at once - the key is knowing when you're being stretched too thin. As far as community management/coordination goes, not to downplay Bass's new gig, but it doesn't sound like an especially complicated endeavor. I could be (probably am) wrong, of course.

Posted: Apr 9th 2010 8:38AM SkyStreak said

So Gazillion, the company who has the license for the TWO upcoming Marvel superhero MMOs, has hired 2 well known and well respected people who have a history of working on superhero MMOs for their Community Team?

This is a point in Gazillion's favor!

Way to go!