Posted: Apr 6th 2010 6:10PM Lateris said

In Hollywood, Reliance BIG Pictures has partnered with Steven Spielberg and Stacey Snider on the formation of DreamWorks Studios and has development deals with Nicolas Cage’s Saturn Films, Jim Carrey’s JC 23 Entertainment, George Clooney’s Smokehouse Productions, Chris Columbus’ 1492 Pictures, Tom Hanks’ Playtone Productions, Brad Pitt’s Plan B Entertainment, Jay Roach’s Everyman Pictures, Brett Ratner’s Rat Entertainment, Julia Roberts’ Red Om Films and Brian Gazer and Ron Howards’ Imagine Entertainment. -

source http://blog.zapak.com/reliance-adag-acquires-codemasters/

This means they have some big pockets to dip into for development.

Posted: Apr 6th 2010 6:21PM Seffrid said

There's been a feeling here in Europe that Codemasters have been treading water for a long time now - too long - and that they weren't really going anywhere. This development may now herald change although in respect of the two Turbine games the extent of any change will surely be more down to what Turbine want rather than what Reliance want.

Posted: Apr 6th 2010 7:36PM (Unverified) said

I'd rather see Turbine opening up their branch in Europe. Turbine for me = quality. I doubt it would be wise to start DDO: Eberron Unlimited in Europe by Codemasters.

So I hope that Turbine will rethink it all and invest in Europe to create another base of operations here, so we could have top quality in their games in Europe for once.

There should be no difference between US version and Eu version in my opinion, because bad name for their game in Europe is creating bad opinions around the globe. People always judge the title - DDO is DDO, so should be "the same DDO" everywhere, I think. Not "DDO, the suberb MMO" for US, and "DDO for masochists" in Europe ;P.

Sorry for these strong words, but really, that's the way I see it. I trust Turbine more than any other company, well, to date they behave exceptionally fair. No other MMO company is even close, so I'd like to invite them to Europe and encourage to continue and do things by themselves. Because on this field - they are masters these days.

Posted: Apr 6th 2010 7:50PM spamero said

codemasters suck.. hope some good changes come along with this purchase...

Posted: Apr 6th 2010 9:30PM Dandmcd said

All I remember Codemasters for was the addicting Micro Machines games from way back when. Their MMO's were forgettable, and they aren't really all that good of a publisher these days either.

Posted: Apr 7th 2010 1:11AM (Unverified) said

Zapak has partnered with Jagex Games Studios before by releasing Runescape in India.They released the Pay-to-lay version at around $3.5, which I think is around half of what it costs otherwise.

Massively's MMO guide to Halloween 2014

Posted on Oct 30th 2014 11:00AM

The Daily Grind: Do you defend your favorite MMO?

Posted on Oct 30th 2014 8:00AM