Posted: Apr 5th 2010 4:26PM whateveryousay said

I've been very impressed with all the updates that RoM has made over the past year. Well beyond what was ever expected, especially in the free to play market. Both f2p and p2p developers should take note, as it's easy to see, people want content.

Posted: Apr 5th 2010 4:31PM (Unverified) said

I started playing MMORPGs the week Dark Age of Camelot came out. I have played pretty much anything released since then. Most have not kept my interest long, either due to the pressure of monthly fees, a poor gaming experience based on poor game design, or various bugs. I have been playing RoM for over a month and I am thoroughly enjoying it! I would consider it in the top five games I have ever played. It is relatively bug-free, casual or hardcore-friendly, interesting (especially multi-classing) and maybe the best thing is that it's free.

In truth, I shelled out a few diamonds for a permanent horse (about $5 USD when they run specials, or you can get free diamonds by completing surveys, etc.) for my character, but that's it. While you can benefit by quicker leveling and more dominant PvP, the game really doesn't require any money - and it's loads of fun! I played WoW for a long time and I can honestly say I like this game just as well, plus I don't have to worry about monthly fees. If I want to stop playing for a couple of weeks, no problem. It costs me nothing. Whenever I want to start back, it's there for me. Again, it costs me nothing, unless I choose to make an optional purchase.

I highly recommend trying the game if you haven't done so. You might be surprised!

Posted: Apr 5th 2010 5:50PM Seffrid said

I note you created an account here to make that comment, Jeff. Someone more cynical than me might think you were associated in some way with the game.

Posted: Apr 5th 2010 6:32PM (Unverified) said

Seffrid, well *I* didn't create an account for this and I'll heartliy echo Jeff's comments, and then some. RoM does so many things "just right" that the few minor faults pointed out in the OP almost seem ridiculous to even mention in light of the overall merits of the game. There are many cynical people around these days - and rightly so in this seeming age of mediocrity in MMOs. The very few games that rise above the others can be difficult to spot amidst the ever growing numbers of merely average games rushed out to make a quick buck, but RoM is definitely one of the few that have a real feel of attention to being around for the long haul, and the quality and polish are really only equalled perhaps by Allods in the F2P realm.

In my opinion anyone not already burned out by the Fantasy-based MMO and are fed up with paying a monthly subscription to Blizzard can't really do any better than RoM. Those should definitely check it out if they've held off until now.

Posted: Apr 5th 2010 6:39PM whateveryousay said

I would agree with you if the post wasn't well thought out and full of good points.

Posted: Apr 29th 2010 6:35AM (Unverified) said

They just launched here in Saudi Arabia with an Arabic version and it's absolutely amazing. There are so many WoW players here as it is trying to play in English... and I can't imagine how big this will become now that there is an Arabic version. They even had a big spot in GITEX Riyadh. What can I say, Frogster is amaziiiing...