Posted: Apr 5th 2010 12:43PM (Unverified) said

Actually, if you've signed an NDA and broken it by posting online then you're the one who is lying - no matter what the company promised and what is actually going on, signing a NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement) means you agree not to say anything. They have every right to stomp out that information - no questions asked; end of statement. You've agreed to help them bug proof their software in exchange for an early look that may or may not be feature complete. You could have signed up for a Conan beta and seen Pikachu running around screwing a dolphin on the bridge of the enterprise but you can not say anything. In my line of work, breaking an NDA means at least termination if not jail time.

Deadalon - I understand your point, but I've heard the same about just about every other company out there - Blizzard and Cryptic seem to have also taken this to the extreme.

Its just a fact of life that Corporations in general behave that way - that's what PR departments are meant for - pure spin and out and out lying as long as there is a way to get out of it in court.

With that said, what originated this back and forth was my (and a couple of other guys) saying that we'd re-subbed and were enjoying ourselves and you accused us of being Funcom employees.

I'm not and I'm happily playing away the way it is right now. I felt let down two years ago as well, but my feeling right now is that this is one of the best MMOs running.

Posted: Apr 5th 2010 3:39PM Lateris said

LOL. I am not a Funcom employee. I am a Network Voice Engineer in the Tricare Industry.

Posted: Apr 5th 2010 6:25AM Seffrid said

Deadalon, have you any idea how cretinous you sound arguing that it's the same people praising the game when every time the trolls come out to play you're at the front of them?

You don't like the game, and you don't like Funcom. We get it, no need to spit out the same vitriol every time AoC comes up.

Posted: Apr 5th 2010 6:58AM (Unverified) said

Some people are just haters mate. I honestly feel a bit sorry for them.

Posted: Apr 5th 2010 2:30PM Deadalon said

Again Hippie. Cryptic did not run closed public forums when CO and STO launched. Blizzard had open beta. And their forums are open for everyone to see. We are talking about Funcom as a company that has gone the EXTRA length of preventing the TRUTH from the public. It has nothing to do with bugs or NDA that is never lifted of Funcom products. Its about LYING and SCAMING ppl - and getting a way with it.

Again - I think we will start to see reports on Wikileaks about how some MMOs are runned in closed beta. You know it and I know it - in FUcnom case it has NOTHING to do with stealing ideas. It has to do with scaming ignorant gamers (that are hyped up by false controled ONEWAY statements). Thats what needs to be stopped now.

Dont dare to claim BLizzard is just the same as Funcom. Blizzard do not have to hide their mistakes and crap work behind closed forums and never lifted NDA. And considering that FUncom is now moving into the cheap labor market... I can only see this becoming worse and worse. I see it as part of my duty to warn ppl. Call me hater all you like. Im pretty sure that there would be few thousands haters of an Antivirus software when they found out they payed money and sub for a product that then did not what it said on the box.

Posted: Apr 5th 2010 7:33PM (Unverified) said

Please tell me how I've been lied to and scammed.

The game rocks. I'm off to Tortage now.

Posted: Apr 5th 2010 3:55PM Lateris said

@ Deadalon. Download this tool kit and make your own game.

Posted: Apr 5th 2010 7:28PM (Unverified) said

wow.... downloaded - thanks for the link!

Posted: Apr 5th 2010 9:41PM (Unverified) said

as a current player, T3 Still isnt completed.. not to mention it CAME 2 months LATE AND WE STILL CANT GET to the last 2 bosses (as the keeper causes clients to crash )

Posted: Apr 6th 2010 1:48PM Lateris said

Sure man. I have been messing around with terrain design and I am starting to get into the Unreal Script. It has changed my whole perspective on games and how I look at them or talk about them. I make the worst terrain ever!

Global Chat: Blaugust triumphant