Posted: Apr 4th 2010 8:28PM Pingles said

Ugh, an MMO for the iPad may spell doom for me. Someone make them stop!

I am NEVER going to get anything done...

Posted: Apr 4th 2010 9:03PM whateveryousay said

It won't be long now.

Posted: Apr 4th 2010 9:14PM johnnliu said

a dungeon crawler with 3 classes, you join or create a instance from the lobby... what's the max number of players in an instance?

last time I checked, Diablo was just a networked game... nobody called it "MMO-lite". where's the 'massive' in all this?

looks like it'll create a niche in the iPad market, which I'm all excited for, but it's not an MMO.

Posted: Apr 4th 2010 10:24PM Mr Angry said

I've got three others in a group now, make this a lot of fun.

Posted: Apr 4th 2010 9:19PM Mr Angry said

Just got to level 10 with this, it's a bit simple, but just goes to show you can have MMO games on the device, the synchronization was very good, the control system was OK, but needs work, the virtual joystick was almost unusable for my big thumbs so I hope they can do something with this.

I tried the archer class and had some simple abilities which made sense. The enchantress can heal which helped our little group. People were really friendly too, spent about 30 mins just chatting.

I found the loot distribution a bit up shit creek, we all kept getting items which were not designed for our classes, with no apparent way of trading. The heritage of the design team does shine through, it's very polished, just very simple at this stage.

The levels were what you would expect from a pocket device, lots of zombies to kill, you destroy treasure chests for loot, and it's usually in the form of currency.

You get new skills as you level, however, you have to put points towards them or you won't open the lowest tier, which is something I didn't see for the first few minutes.

I think this will be quite big, definitely worth checking out, it is free for quite a few levels after all.

Posted: Apr 4th 2010 10:29PM (Unverified) said

Looks interesting. Might open up some new possibilities and create a demand for this type of game on the iPhone.

Posted: Apr 5th 2010 4:23AM Greeen said

maybe I am blind, but according to iTunes store this is for iPad only?

Posted: Apr 5th 2010 5:43AM whateveryousay said

A quote from the article above.

"The iPad version is currently available, with the iPhone/iTouch edition making its way through the approval process."

So yea, you are blind.

Posted: Apr 5th 2010 6:11AM Greeen said

hehe, ok, thanks mate.

Posted: Apr 5th 2010 5:06PM Devilstower said

I've played the first few levels and it's a pleasant surprise. They did a good job thinking through the controls for a touch screen. The game is at a level where it's easy for a non-mmo veteran to pick up, but it has enough of the basics to make it fun even for someone with a lot of time in the trenches.

And yes, my life in the real world may now be over.

Make My MMO: December 21 - 27, 2014