Posted: Apr 3rd 2010 9:46AM Seffrid said

"Edward Marshall: Favorite April Fools' gag -- not because it's all that funny, but they put a huge amount of work into it."

I'm intrigued, were you intending that as a joke in itself or did you really think it was an April Fool's gag?

I'll be playing mainly LoTRO but have also dipped back into DDO:Unlimited, both of which are essentially free to me which is rather nice especially given the awful quality of the mass-cloned Korean F2P games.

Posted: Apr 3rd 2010 10:02AM (Unverified) said

I've been working on a custom map for the game Portal lately, but if I get tired of the Hammer Mapping Tool and designing devious portal puzzles, I'll most likely log into Guild Wars to proceed in the Prophecies storyline with my Necromancer.

Posted: Apr 3rd 2010 10:04AM (Unverified) said

I'll be in Lotro, with some bouts of The Sims 1 (yes, Sims One).

A friend recently got me a copy of 'The Sims 1 Complete Collection' and I can't put it down lol. For anyone else interested in reliving their first time, it still installs and runs beautifully in Vista/Win7.

Bella, Mortimer, fishtanks, magic spells, gnomes, cutting your finger cooking, crafting, flooding the bathroom - it never gets old!
Tip: Never send your male Sim to the vibrating heart-shaped bed alone..
:-o

@Sera:
Please let us know your thoughts of Aion revisited!
And WoW is definitely fun logged-off as well as logged-in. I've been playing the TCG and the boardgame with friends for some time, and we have an absolute hoot of a time because we 'get' all the little references and inherently understand the lore and mechanics. Great fun.

Posted: Apr 3rd 2010 11:09AM Seraphina Brennan said

So far, it's pretty much the same (Aion), but I'll let you know. ^_^

Posted: Apr 6th 2010 10:07AM (Unverified) said

Report due, Sera!
;)

Posted: Apr 3rd 2010 10:12AM Crsh said

I've rolled back into WAR after a year of not playing, got some RvR action going and it's fun enough; I'm still kind of surprised by the low number of servers after all those consolidations, very sad.

Also, I commend the editors for not mentioning the iPad launch and staying on the MMO topic. ;-)

Posted: Apr 3rd 2010 11:56AM Vitamin Dei said

Microsoft's Game Room has tapped into my brain's OCD centers, so I've been spending a lot of time with Centipede, Asteroids, and Astrosmash. Which is weird, I know. I can't seem to stop chasing the carrot on the stick, though. I'll also be doing my part to control the zombie population in L4D and L4D2, and will probably bounce around CO a bit as well.

Sunday is work, and Easter is a whole lot of that.

Posted: Apr 3rd 2010 1:07PM Pingles said

I was thinking a great April Fools joke for Massively would have been a SW:TOR beta key giveaway.

C'mon, that would be HILARIOUS!

Posted: Apr 4th 2010 12:20AM Eliot Lefebvre said

We debated it, but the problem was that no one would have believed it.

The idea that we had TOR beta keys and gave them away was too far beyond the realm of the plausible.

Posted: Apr 3rd 2010 2:22PM (Unverified) said

@Sera: (Sigh) I envy you, lass. Though I myself am a Geek of Epic perportions, I lack a sufficent number of Real World fellow Geeks in my meager social circle to launch a campaign in the World of Warcraft RPG. Even worse, I bought the Starter Kit for it, and the thing has been sitting on my Book Shelf unused for quite some time. Alas.

Still, it's nice to know you'll unplug for a short time and engage in an Old School medium that is as fun, if not more so given the right cirlce of people, then it's online counterpart. Hope you have an awesome Northrend Campaign.

Posted: Apr 3rd 2010 6:57PM (Unverified) said

I hit the 5k coin spin on Free Realms twice this week.

/proud

BTW... The Pirate's Plunder mini game is a friggin' blast.

Posted: Apr 3rd 2010 10:29PM Crode said

I have a 30 day play of LotR. What server do the massively peeps play and what guild?

@Crode