Posted: Apr 2nd 2010 3:40PM CCon99 said

Such a cool game, I just started playing about 2-3 weeks ago. If they could just upgrade the combat animations and clean up the melee combat a bit I think it would retain more trial players. I'm sorry I didn't play this sooner.

Posted: Apr 2nd 2010 4:16PM Zaetal said

Hit 46 this week, have my convoy buggy, made my desert stars... phoenix armor, maxed out the craft skills and I had been doing.... and.... scene. lol

The tedium I would have to go through to farm chips and mats for the rest of my books/skills, a sparse/stupid AH system, and little to no incentive to pvp, or desire to go thru it all again on 3 other characters just to stop right there..... has me back in EVE this week.

Fun journey up if you like soloing (grouped about 5 times, with my clan) then a horrible screeching stop once you hit the end.

Posted: Apr 2nd 2010 5:11PM (Unverified) said

I just recently re-subscribed after figuring out that Darkfall, Aion, Warhammer, and several free games are no substitute for the combination of action combat, good questlines, fun exploring, excellent backstory/setting, and solid game foundation of FE. I am working my way to max level and having fun along the way, and I find this to be literally the best MMO I have ever played.

It could use some improvements, but the dev team is a dedicated bunch, and I will stick with it. It seems the best two independent MMOs, FE and EVE, are still the cream of the crop for me.

Posted: Apr 2nd 2010 8:55PM Dblade said

I started playing this recently. It's kind of meh.

The atmosphere and graphics are great, and something really is to be said for playing a realistic MMO. The writing in general is also very good, and the music is excellent: very good at setting mood. Combat is too wonky, crafting is overcomplicated. To make a pistol I need to make 4 parts which each need to be individually made from other parts which often need to be gathered in many different locations. Then I need to make ammo, which needs gunpowder which also needs to be made. It takes a lot of time overall.

Also, why don't people talk in it? No one seems to ever say anything in local, offer to team up, invite a person to a guild, or what have you.

Not bad, but they may have issues pretty soon over these things.

Posted: Apr 3rd 2010 12:17AM (Unverified) said

I'm waiting until you can respec before trying the game out.

Posted: Apr 3rd 2010 3:33AM Seffrid said

Bah, what's wrong with people these days? Back in the day, we didn't just walk up-hill all the way there and up-hill all the way back again too, if we realised halfway through the driving wintry rain that we had our Summer clothes on there wasn't a free respec on offer!

My only concerns with FE were the clunky combat (always a problem when a game can't make up its mind whether it's a FPS or RPG - hybrids simply don't work) and the monotony of the landscape. Technically the game was fine, it ran beautifully on my top-end system but I just got a tad bored.

Last time I played all the chat was on the help channel which had to be re-enabled after a certain level but there was certainly a lot going on. The lack of group and guild invitations would never bother me at all, but I can understand that for some it would.

I think I'll have another look at the game before too much longer, it's one I definitely intend to follow, not least because the development team is so unbelievably switched on and in touch with their community.

Posted: Apr 3rd 2010 7:29PM Graill440 said

I tried to immerse myself in this game at launch. The graphics are subpar, the sounds and sound tracks are equally poor, combat is clunky and non intuitive and really just plain sucks. There was not even the slightest hint of immersion, for myself anyway. The result is no money for the title from me anyway.

I guess choices made without customer input years before actual development do result in MMO's like this one, market catagory, niche.

Just to give some idea of what i expect from a developer that would get my money, take a single title game like borderlands as an example and make that a post apoc game, looking at that potential, fallen earth just cant compare. Just an fyi.

Posted: Apr 5th 2010 5:58PM Solidkjames said

I wouldn't say the vocal minority are bored at endgame. The vast majority of people leave the game and never say anything. I personally have lost over 400 ingame friends because of the lack of endgame. As it is now that is the games only weak point. No endgame system to keep people occupied. If you like taking your time there is easily 2 or 3 months worth of content for you to chew on but rolling an alt is not enough content to keep alot of players. Endgame must be the focus if this game is to ever survive long term.

Posted: Apr 6th 2010 9:27AM Snichy said

Judging by a lot of comments about this game, I will continue to give it a miss as theres no end-game. I was a beta tester for this game and I know things would have improved immensely since then, if theres nothing to look forward to at max level, I persoanlly dont want to waste my time levelling...!

Like a lot of games I am keeping an eye on currently, I am waiting for the content to be inserted into the game before committing to it - when will game devs learn that end game content is extremely important at launch as most players like to think that they are working toward something.