Posted: Apr 2nd 2010 9:40PM ultimateq said

I really do miss this game, and kind of want to play it again. But I just can't bring myself to play it again.

Posted: Apr 2nd 2010 10:23PM Celicynd said

10 million registered accounts... and probably 8 million who probably only logged in once, and at least 1 million who left the game when they completely ruined all the fun it was when it launched. hehe.

Posted: Apr 2nd 2010 10:39PM Crsh said

Not sure how many one-time loggers there are in those 10m+ accounts, but I can certainly say I'm one of them. Nothing inherently wrong with the game, just a little too kiddy for me.

Posted: Apr 3rd 2010 1:41AM Dandmcd said

Well, considering they get a million new registered players every month, I highly doubt there are as many inactive accounts as you claim. I see the servers packed with people everytime I play, it certainly doesn't appear to be hurting in anyway ,and the game is far more popular then it was before the combat changes, that is for sure. I've played the game since launch, and I have never seen such a craze over the game as there has been recently.

Posted: Apr 3rd 2010 12:30PM (Unverified) said

I've been playing since beta and would say it certainly seems more crowded since the changes in December, even though I liked the original combat more. The housing has really been a surprise success to me, being able to build your own content as it were. Just some incredible things being done with that and I hope the FR devs will enhance that part of the game. The new mini-game Pirate's Plunder is a blast, the holiday events are fun (aside from the terrible bugs of the Valentine's Day event) and the Pet Pals (pets you don't have to buy with real money) are a nice addition (the fish especially).

While the game certainly has a huge churn rate as people just give it a short try or get bored and move on, there are probably more than enough new people to replace those lost, while growing the overall number of players. With the new person in charge it will be interesting to see what changes will be made. Hopefully some new areas will be opened up with the 1 year anniversary coming up this month.

Posted: Apr 4th 2010 12:03AM (Unverified) said

I've seen a lot more Free Realms television ads in the last couple of months, about as many as I saw shortly after launch. That could explain the increase in population since the combat tragedy.The servers don't seem anywhere near as crowded as June 2009.

Perfect Ten: My World of Warcraft launch memories