Posted: Mar 31st 2010 5:06PM WyattEarp89 said

I am glad to see new info coming out for FFXIV. The graphics are fantastic, the level of detail is excellent. I couldn't get into the first Final Fantasy MMO but I may give this one a try!

Posted: Mar 31st 2010 5:15PM Arkanaloth said

Want.This.So.Badly.....

the waiting is almost painful!!!

Posted: Mar 31st 2010 5:34PM (Unverified) said

the game doesn't look bad or anything but for some reason since tera caught my attention I don't feel the hype of final fantasy any more : (

Posted: Mar 31st 2010 5:41PM RogueJedi86 said

In addition to Taru Taru /panic, did I see an FFXIV version of the Taru Taru dance? Around the 2 min mark. :D

Posted: Mar 31st 2010 6:02PM (Unverified) said

Hell yes, Taru dances!

/panic
/joy
/welcome
/panic

Posted: Mar 31st 2010 6:16PM Cendres said

I was so happy to see in game footage that's not someone fighting flightless birdies. I love that it retains the charm of FFXI!

Posted: Mar 31st 2010 6:42PM Van said

Looks promising! The vista shots of the cliffs early on in the video show just how incomplete it is, though. Let's hope they release a few more videos (which include combat and a few more of the systems) soon.

Posted: Mar 31st 2010 7:37PM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
Looks like it's going to have a complete shit UI again just like FFXI. my god.

Posted: Mar 31st 2010 8:20PM Eamil said

We've seen hotbars in other screenshots, I'm willing to bet that was a video of the console version of the game and/or the full interface wasn't shown.

Posted: Mar 31st 2010 7:52PM Darkmoone said

• 1 heart
Does anyone think it's meh from a graphical point of view?. Like this is supposed to be a next-gen mmo. I mean to be honest the free to play mmo's look better. What will set this apart besides the fanboys slobbering over the chocobo's?.

Posted: Mar 31st 2010 9:01PM Tizmah said

Actually, I think the graphics look great. FFXI still looks better than a lot of MMOs, area wise anyway. So I can only bet FFXIV will be just as good.

Also, the animations are top notch, way better than other MMOs.

Besides, graphics don't make a next-gen game anyway :)

Posted: Mar 31st 2010 8:19PM jpkustra said

Well I was excited about this game until I saw the in-game footage. Seems very bland but hopefully that's because it's still in development?

Posted: Mar 31st 2010 8:34PM (Unverified) said

is it just me or because im not a fanboi.... but its like final 11 with diferent town ? seriously... i hope the combat system will not be the same as 11... same gui outside combat for now ... sigh X_X

Posted: Mar 31st 2010 8:48PM Wisdomandlore said

I thought the graphics looked pretty good. Stylized, better than SWTOR, but not quite as good as some of the upcoming Korean MMOs.

I do want to see the combat system. FFXI's combat was outdated when it launched. I hope SE has something better in store for XIV.

Posted: Mar 31st 2010 9:03PM (Unverified) said

ok thank goodness.

Posted: Mar 31st 2010 9:36PM breezer said

This is the weakest the ff14 graphics have looked so far. And did anyone notice the gross frame rate?

Makes me nervous. Immediately brings to mind EQ2, Vanguard, Age of Conan, Warhammer, etc... Games with supposedly good graphics (with the same plasticized look), but that ran like crap on 99.99% of PCs on earth at launch.

I hate to be negative, but their focus on making it familiar to FFXI players is annoying. The races, UI and as this video showed, the entire art style, is extremely reminiscent of FFXI. As a long time FFXI player, I couldn't care less.

Typical SE, so dedicated to their own, misplaced priorities. Makes me wonder, once again, how the contemporary MMO audience will receive SE's extremely antiquated methods.

Posted: Mar 31st 2010 10:52PM (Unverified) said

And you know somebody at launch will be like:
{Can I have it?}{Teleport-Dem}?{You can have this}{/hug}

Seriously I look at the little things on the interface (the Vital & Connection status), and it brings back FF11 memories :D

Posted: Mar 31st 2010 11:14PM (Unverified) said

No reason to alienate the rabidly loyal, built-in fanbase. From the preview stuff I have seen, they are focusing on innovating on combat mechanics and keeping a lot of the things which made XI unique and appealing, which sounds like an excellent plan. Still a lot of things they did right with XI that every MMO since has gotten wrong.

Posted: Apr 1st 2010 4:39AM Cirocco said

From what I've read elsewhere, what we're witnessing in that video is alpha testing...so visually not bad for an alpha build. As the game gets closer to release, I expect the FFXIV team to have the game polished with all the bells and whistles cranked up.

WoW Archivist: A Glyphmas story