Posted: Mar 30th 2010 1:16PM Nolinquisitor said

War Witch fan here! Ok, fan of the character. I sadly don't know that much Miss Bianco but she looks like a loveable person.

I like War Witch in the comic (such a tragic end!) and when I pass near her in the pixels (flesh) in CoH I always stop to take a screenshot of me with this legendary heroe!

Kudos to both these epic ladies!

Posted: Mar 30th 2010 1:42PM Superfan said

• 1 heart
So Going Rogue is going to use the same old crap mission maps they've been using for 6 years?! Are you kidding me!? Yeah, ok, I won't be back for that stupidity.

Gee, I am so glad these idiot DEVS used so many of their resources to put out Mission Architect, Day Jobs and coloring powers. What a joke.

Why do they promise something 'big' and then drop the ball. THey can't talk about anything coming up but say it's going to be great and it never is. Maybe if you guys gave us the basics about what is coming out then great - at least we can comment on it. But no! It's all top secret.

Anyway, I have had enough of this rubbish. If they are using any of the same mission maps again then I am done. I came back for a bit and saw the old mission maps and stopped playing. Couldn't stomach it. I see the game is at an all time low for players; something tells me the trend will continue and the game will be done when STAR WARS and DC hit the market. I guess that's what it'll take for these DEVS to get their heads out of their asses.

Posted: Mar 30th 2010 1:46PM Skellybob said

'So Going Rogue is going to use the same old crap mission maps they've been using for 6 years?!'

That's not what she said. 'The maps in Going Rogue will use a different spawn structure and hopefully be more enjoyable to play through, with hints of new spawn patterns and enemy arrangements.' NEW maps, with different spawn structures. But the OLD maps won't be overhauled.

Posted: Mar 30th 2010 1:52PM (Unverified) said

Does capitalizing the word DEV somehow make it into an epithet? I've got to remember that for future reference.

Posted: Mar 30th 2010 1:49PM (Unverified) said

"You can certainly stay in the Praetoria zones, but things will stop giving you experience just like any zone you outlevel."

What? The way teaming works now is that everybody scales to the level of the team leader or mission holder, and everyone still gets experience. It'd be a slow and painful grind, but unless they're changing how teaming currently works, someone could potentially level to 50 without leaving Praetoria, as long as they just kept teaming with lowbies.

Posted: Mar 30th 2010 1:51PM (Unverified) said

And I think you mean nobody takes the Presence power pool, as plenty of people tend to take Leadership (I was on a team with three Leadership stacked buffs last night). But you're still spot on about the necessity or lack thereof for the power pools. I had always hoped those would come and go as the game developed, since they're not nailed down to any particular AT or build.

Posted: Mar 30th 2010 3:36PM Superfan said

I don't think there was any note of new maps but it looks like she was being vague. Not a shock as they like to keep everything quiet and then surprise us with their new goodies. Too bad these have really sucked for a while now.

I used to really like this game and try to get back into it. Unfortunately, I can't I am going to wait until I get full GR details before I make my final decision. Given the track record of these DEVS, I am not too optimistic.

The players have left in droves over the last couple years. The game has stagnated but they don't deal with the lack of new things to do. It's too bad. This game could be so much better but it feels like the same thing as when I took my last break almost a year ago (I have popped in here and there but can't take it for a long time). I guess no new issue since September 2009 might also be a problem lol.

Posted: Mar 30th 2010 4:07PM (Unverified) said

4 to 8 months is the average turnaround for new issues. For a 6 year old game that's pushing out issue 17 next month puts the average at 4 1/2 months per issue. That's better than most of their competitors for fresh content.

Players haven't "left in droves". You have no perspective on how many players are coming or going, because nobody outside of Paragon Studios does. I help plenty of new players every day in Atlas, and have seen many of my old veteran friends resubscribe. Players come and go. Your apocalyptic scaremongering is just opinionated drivel.

The simple fact that there are new maps can be derived from just looking at Going Rogue screenshots. That's the proof in the pudding, right there. You can see them.

I know you're just trolling, but there it is. For players who care about the facts, go look at the screenshots, check the wikis. The health of the game really isn't at stake. Whether players like the new stuff or not will be told by the hands-on experience, not this comment digging.

Posted: Mar 31st 2010 5:35AM starka1 said

"For players entirely disgruntled with the basic mission structure of City of Heroes, there's not going to be an instant reprieve, but there are improvements being rolled out..."

I am in the same boat as Superfan. Wait and see on the actual implementation. Besides calling the devs idiots and players leaving in droves comment, I think a comment on the gameplay not evolving as much as some would like to see is a fair critique of the game. I don't think Massively would have pointed it out in the sentence above if it was a insignificant minority that have kept mentioning it as CoH aged.

For me the last major change that affected how I approach each mob was the ragdoll physics. Any updates since, it is more of the same but different pictures(except to a small degree I like what they did with Dual Blades and their combos). But that is just my opinion of the game after playing it off and on after 4+ years. Not a bad game but no longer a game I can subscribe to long term since each Issue has not brought about "enough new things for me to do".

Oh and Lemmo, if you want to spin "facts" to make your argument look stronger then how about this...17 Issues for CoH that has seen a population go from just under 200k to around 130k(at last speculation by some forumites) and only 2 expansions for WoW that had grown to 11 million players. Facts are fun :)

Posted: Mar 30th 2010 7:29PM Surelle said

I have some really good memories of CoX and I'm hoping they improve the PvP zones along with releasing Going Rogue.

I would also like to hear more about how existing characters can betray to the other side, and I'd like an update on the original GR rumor that there would be new maps located in outer space for level 50 characters (of which I have five).

People do say that the game play for *insert whatever MMO title they've played for a while* is getting old, but I often wonder if they're actually favoring only one aspect of any given title instead of regularly playing a bit of everything when they say that....

MMO Week in Review: Happy New Year!

Posted on Dec 28th 2014 8:00PM