Posted: Mar 30th 2010 7:16PM (Unverified) said

Ugh, their heads are so very small, disturbing.

Posted: Mar 30th 2010 7:24PM Minofan said

Eh; am I being dense, or are these 10 races just the old 5 with exclusive skin pigmentation?

I looked through both galleries, and aside from the possibility that they made a new burlier male-only Human model I just don't get it.

On the one hand it is refreshing to see an RPG using "race" in the 'proper' sense, but surely this set-up is either:

* 5 Species, each with 2 races.
* 5 RPG-races, each with 2 cultures (or sub-races if feeling generous).

I don't see how the figure 10 is arrived at without implying that Forester are no more closely related to Shader than they are to Plainsfolk, which just seems absurd - they're identical but for pigmentation!

Posted: Mar 30th 2010 10:52PM Cendres said

It's 5 races with 2 clans for each. So yes clans are different cultures and there's slight physical differences, but they are the same race.

Posted: Mar 31st 2010 12:42AM Vandell said

"Hyurans"? Really? Square's naming conventions as of late are just getting.. bad.

Posted: Mar 31st 2010 1:17AM Addfwyn said

This is gonna make it even harder for me to decide on race now...they all look pretty awesome, excepting the galka still.

Posted: Mar 31st 2010 1:31AM (Unverified) said

Still waiting for Galka women!
I think the races look great, really cannot wait for this game!

Posted: Mar 31st 2010 2:38AM (Unverified) said

WTB Male Miqo'te pst.

Posted: Mar 31st 2010 3:01AM (Unverified) said

Is that blue one an extra from Avatar?

Posted: Mar 31st 2010 5:05AM (Unverified) said

Just looked at the clans page and uh.. am I the only one that saw this when they looked at Race: Roegadyn, Seewolf?

Original: http://www.eorzeapedia.com/wp-content/uploads/Gahoo/2010/03/seewolf1.jpg

Posted: Mar 31st 2010 10:04AM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
Could someone please tell me whats so great about this game. What does it bring?
I just cant seem to get excited about anything they say about it, why the hype?

Posted: Mar 31st 2010 5:52PM Synthetic said

The game's graphically superior to FFXI. I'd appreciate more deviance in art style, but as long as the gameplay matches the visual appeal then they can tout as many races as they want.

To be more clear: it doesn't bother me that they're making FFXI-2 and trying to pass it off as something wholy new. A better looking and hopefully more fun version of the only FF MMO? Here's hoping it's borrowed heavily from WoW.

Posted: Apr 3rd 2010 5:24PM (Unverified) said

Seriously, the tiny heads are stupid looking. Why did they think that was a good look for both games? They all look like they have chromosome abnormalities.

Betawatch: September 13 - 19, 2014